Need some help -- Red Rock Whiskey Jug - CEO H Goodman Evansville, Indiana

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mom2callie

Reaction score
My elderly stepfather passed away and I'm trying to help my mother who is struggling financially by selling some of the items he had collected over the years. I know he had this jug for a very long time, but I know nothing about it. I know it's a whiskey jug and you can easily see the marking on the front. Can anyone give me further info and approx. value or what I could ask for it? I truly appreciate any help you can give me! Thank you

Attachments

• 5095344adbb844e482f6fdbca1900019.jpg
    5095344adbb844e482f6fdbca1900019.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 87

botlguy

Reaction score
I don't know about it's value, any such item will be of most interest to someone who collects items from that area but general whiskey / liquor jug collectors will also show interest. It will be helpful to determine the contents volume, Quart, Half Gallon, Gallon, etc. Also, inspect it for any damage, cracks, chips, missing handle, etc.Hopefully someone on these forums will know the relative value but you might also search eBay for current and past auction prices realized of jugs from the same company. In the case of these jugs, size does matter as does rarity. Good Luck. Jim

botlguy

Reaction score
I don't know about it's value, any such item will be of most interest to someone who collects items from that area but general whiskey / liquor jug collectors will also show interest. It will be helpful to determine the contents volume, Quart, Half Gallon, Gallon, etc. Also, inspect it for any damage, cracks, chips, missing handle, etc.Hopefully someone on these forums will know the relative value but you might also search eBay for current and past auction prices realized of jugs from the same company. In the case of these jugs, size does matter as does rarity. Good Luck. Jim

CreekWalker

Reaction score
I have seen several marked with the Jackson Tn and Paducah Ky locations. Nice jug!

goodman1966

Reaction score
That's actually GEO not CEO. He was based in Kentucky and sold his whiskey up and down the Mississippi River from Cairo to New Orleans. I have one of his bottles. There is a lot of info online. Never seen a jug before. I would be interested as it is my last name too ! When you get ready to sell it please let me know. Mitch

GEEMAN

Reaction score
Send a PM to fer_de_lance He collects Evansville bottles/jugs etc. and would probably be able to give you a little info about that jug. That's a pretty cool jug BTW.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
mom2callie said:
My elderly stepfather passed away and I'm trying to help my mother who is struggling financially by selling some of the items he had collected over the years. I know he had this jug for a very long time, but I know nothing about it. I know it's a whiskey jug and you can easily see the marking on the front. Can anyone give me further info and approx. value or what I could ask for it? I truly appreciate any help you can give me! Thank you
You could ask 50 trillion dollars, pay off the US national debt and have a bit left over. It's doubtful you'll get but just in case, better hurry, times ticking... and the debt keeps going up.[:D]

westKYdigger

Reaction score
1876203344324DF5A026CCE4E96B8820.jpg
Here is another I found on a local classified ads website. They have had it for sale for over a year at $400, no takers.

fer_de_lance

Reaction score
A fairly common jug. In good condition $200, if missing handle $75

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4