new MLK statue in DC made in China

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Seriously, I just read a report that the new 30 foot Martin Luther King statue unveiled in DC recently was made/carved in China!!! Your thoughts?

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[:mad:] You are correct, but what else is new! Ya cant hardly buy anything made in the U.S.A. since a lot of our industry has been sent out of the country. The Mfgrs all want us to pay their prices, but want to make everything in china so they make even more money, and do not want to pay a living wage here. dont get me started, All the Multinational companies that do business here are selfish money grubbing crooks. We are going to go back to before the turn of the century when the robber barons ran this country if the Republicans and some sellout Democrats get their way.Andy

cyberdigger

Reaction score
A statue of an icon of human rights made in a country where human rights are largely ignored? Makes sense to me.. they probably just reworked an extra statue of Mao they had lying around.. [&:]

carobran

Reaction score
thats just pathetic...............nothing is made here anymore[:mad:][:mad:]and the worst part is,you have to pay more for something thats made here than something thats imported[:'(]..............maybe its cause things made in the U.S are so rare[8|]

Dansalata

Reaction score
I AGREE WITH YOU ALL... IT REMINDS ME OF OVER 20 YEARS AGO ON INDEPENDENCE DAY I NOTICED THE AMERICAN FLAGS THEY WERE SELLING AT 7-11 WERE MADE IN CHINA...IM THINKING WTF..BUYING OUR FLAGS FROM A COUNTRY THAT VIOLATES HUMAN RIGHTS CONSTANT LY.. FRIGGEN SAD...

coreya

Reaction score
http://www.apfn.org/APFN/woes.htm Heres an old article that gives the real reason we have the problems we have, as the author has said it's just a simple 5th grade civics lesson. The problem isn't a republican or a democrat problem, they both are responsible AS ARE WE!!!

glass man

Reaction score
Looks like ole Richard M. Nixon got the last laugh after all...one of the things he did was get China to do "business" with us and boy are we getting the "business" now![8D] JAMIE

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen