Newbie To Jar Collecting?!?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Looks like a couple of the ones I have outback. I'll have to see if they fit or not. I may get lucky. All 3 of the jars I dug today were within a foot or 2 of each other. I might have found a little honey hole for these ball jars. I guess I'll have to wait to see what tomorrow will bring. I kinda feel dumb now. I tossed what I thought was a wax sealer. My buddy pointed out that it was an ABM so I tossed it thinking it was newer. I guess it could have went back a little ways in age. Live and learn. If I find it I'll bring it home and post it. Thanx for the help. Swiz

dygger60

Reaction score
Nice jars ya found there...esp that Balll Mason Improved pt witht the dropped R. Heck, take the time to clean that jar...and find a nice lid and band for it.....worth the effort.

Those pint jars are pretty tough to find in clear or sun color.....very nice.

David

swizzle

Reaction score
I'm hoping to find the rest of the case that this one came with. Not to sound silly but you could take that lid off and get me a top and bottom pic of the lid. I have one that fits on there but it kinda looks a little silly with an apple green lid. Can you still buy the bands in the store or do you have to special order them? Swiz

coreya

Reaction score
the lids are not hard to find but the zinc bands can be tough as there were various sizes depending on who made the jar and that they just were not saved in any large numbers. You might try the ebay but be mindful of the size and thread pattern. I will get those pics later this evening when I have some time.

swizzle

Reaction score
Thanx coreya. My aunt might have the right sized band for mine. She has a ton of jars and I thought she'd be posting a few of them by now. I'm gonna take my redbook over to her house soon and get some pics and post them for her. Swiz

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen