No-deposit beer bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
I have a question....Are those no deposit stubby beer bottles from the 50's-70's worth anything? There are DOZENS of them lying around everywhere. Most hyave the dates on the bottom 1959, 1967 ,1969, 1976 ,etc. I was thinking of saving them and putting them in my bedroom window as decoration. Waddya think?[:D]

wootten

Reaction score
digger-we have a few too - let us know what you find out-wendy
[;)]

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Here's the only one I have currently (I'm gonna go get some more when this snow melts). It's a Genesee beer from 1976. Quite new (my stopping point is 1970) but a pretty bottle. I'll post more as I get them.[:D]

Ge96099.jpg

grdigger35

Reaction score
That's an interesting question. How many millions of these things have been destroyed? Which was the intent of the maker.

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Since they're's millions left (I once found one from the 50's in a ditch on a modern and very well-used road) I'm sure millions were destroyed too. I myself used to break them, (I used to throw them in the pond and then throw rocks at them) before I started collecting 60's stuff. No short supply though.[:D]

digdug

Reaction score
I am not sure about the NDNR Beer bottles, but the NDNR Soda bottles have started to go up in price. I always find some while digging. Brought some to a Bottle Show and was able to sell all of them. Not for a lot, but every $1 helps!

kastoo

Reaction score
genessee still makes beer. It's good beer, better than most. It's based in NY. I've heard people pay good money for those huge red looking amber beer bottles. They talk about it here at this site...can't remember where exactly. I heard some lady paid 31 bucks for a 50s noxema bottle with no label but still had original lid. I learned this week they make a bottle cutter that allows you to cut bottles where you want and make whatever out of them...tumblers, candle holders, etc.

kastoo

Reaction score
These guys really know bottles and what is valuable:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/privydiggerpit/

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter