Not Canning With This One

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bthalls24

Reaction score
Hi! Could someone tell me a little about this bottle (year, value, etc)? It's about ten inches tall with the lid on. The word "Ball" is incribed on the bottom with "D-126", "A4", "73", and "59". Also, the words "Federal Law Prohibits Sale or Reuse of This Bottle" are on the bottom as well. It doesn't look particulary old... only interesting.

Thanks!

Cz80172.jpg

Attachments

• Cz80172.jpg
    Cz80172.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 60

Tony14

Reaction score
The "federal law forbids...." was put on all hard liquer from 1932-1964. Next time Diggermeister is on he will tell you more.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
something is telling me: Old Fitzgerald Whiskey? Early 1960's.
Minimal value without the labels....

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hello Bthalls24 and welcome to the forum [:)]. Whiskeyman is right on about your bottle. It looks like a 'decanter' likely for scotch or burbon whiskey. By the #s on the bottom I'm thinking 1959. It is interesting that it is a 'ball' from this period, it might be from the 'three rivers' glass factory in TX, which gives it a little more value to some collectors. This type of bottle may have been made in mass and then shipped to various distilleries for filling and labeling and therefore, without the labels, has little value. I hope this is a help. I'm still very much on a 'learning curve' and if I find out any more I'll be happy to share...

bthalls24

Reaction score
Thanks for the "federal law forbids..." info. I was wondering why that was printed on the bottle, but your liquor reference makes a lot of sense. This is my first bottle!

bthalls24

Reaction score
Diggermeister, your info was certainly a help. I appreciate all of your comments. Of course, I was hoping that the bottle was worth a little something, but it still looks really cool on a shelf. Thanks again...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday