Not Ready For It

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Snow! Crazy. I've heard we might get some Saturday. Sunday's high is going to be 49°! Not exactly the best digging weather, I should think! At least it won't rain. It'll all be worth it when I pull some 1860's blobs out... [:)]

mr.fred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

Snow! Crazy. I've heard we might get some Saturday. Sunday's high is going to be 49°! Not exactly the best digging weather, I should think! At least it won't rain. It'll all be worth it when I pull some 1860's blobs out... [:)]
That weather is fine for digging[;)]

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

it got down into the low 40s here for a few nights last week[8|][;)]

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: carobran

are you kiddin'?!!............snow is GREAT!.[:)]............except when its accompanied by ice[:eek:][:eek:].........[;)]

Ever had to chop and stack six cords of wood, lug it into the house multiple times a day in the snow while walking on ice, break your toe when you drop a piece on it, burn yourself on a wood stove or wake up to a house so cold you can see your breath and your lips are blue, clean up wood chips and ash from your house every day? If not, you got it made!
Oops, I forgot. Try doing it when you also have the flu.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

are you kiddin'?!!............snow is GREAT!.[:)]............except when its accompanied by ice[:eek:][:eek:].........[;)]

Ever had to chop and stack six cords of wood, lug it into the house multiple times a day in the snow while walking on ice, break your toe when you drop a piece on it, burn yourself on a wood stove or wake up to a house so cold you can see your breath and your lips are blue, clean up wood chips and ash from your house every day? If not, you got it made!

LOL !

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
80 here today............the last one they say. 60s tommorrow and ...........................

Wood heat...........had it for years. Can you say 'propane'. Paula only makes one demand of me 'She does not want to be cold in her house'

I do have an outdoor woodheater I WAS building, need to finnish that so I can experience the thrill of running a saw and swinging an axe.

Hank Hill, I'll be giving you a call.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I live for winter, the deeper the snow the better. Love it. The world is reborn clean and fresh with every snowfall...dead silence in the woods....the squeeky crunch of snow under your boots when it's 15 below zero....the sensation of riding on a cloud when you bust 2 feet of fresh powder with the snowmobile....hitting 100+ across the lake every chance you get...dropping the plow in front of a particularly big snowbank and smashing through with a grin....the feel of a hot wood fire after playing outside all day and half the night...snuggling the better half to stay warm in bed...watching the dog bounce around in the fluff like a rabbit, playing like a puppy..

No humidity.
No bugs.
No sunburn.
No scorching unbearable heat.
No tourists.
No mud on my skidder tires or my logs.
No dust.
No lawn to mow.

I love winter.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: Oldtimer

I live for winter, the deeper the snow the better. Love it. The world is reborn clean and fresh with every snowfall...dead silence in the woods....the squeeky crunch of snow under your boots when it's 15 below zero....the sensation of riding on a cloud when you bust 2 feet of fresh powder with the snowmobile....hitting 100+ across the lake every chance you get...dropping the plow in front of a particularly big snowbank and smashing through with a grin....the feel of a hot wood fire after playing outside all day and half the night...snuggling the better half to stay warm in bed...watching the dog bounce around in the fluff like a rabbit, playing like a puppy..

No humidity.
No bugs.
No sunburn.
No scorching unbearable heat.
No tourists.
No mud on my skidder tires or my logs.
No dust.
No lawn to mow.

I love winter.

m6.gif

m6.gif

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

I thought Joe did all of the heavy work with splitting the wood?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator