Nothing worth collecting after 1950

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

California Dream N

Reaction score
Nice bottle Digger George. Is it for sale? I so have got to have it..Must be very rare and certainly something to "cluck" about..I agree with Preditor..Big Jock has to remember "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Why I bet his MaMa even thinks he is cute..lol

#1twin

Reaction score
MAN.... I can't believe BIGJOCK is able to create such a storm. Have ya'll not figured out that he is just here to stir the pot. I mean look at his handle nickname for Christ sakes. BIGJOCK??? He is probably the littliest dude in the area he lives in[:D][:D][:D] He needs attention folks!!! Why can you not just ignore his post??? I have posted things that have been ignored and this is a site I love and I am very dedicated to. [:D] Okay I will shut up now[:)] But seriously, I went for years not knowing anyone to talk to about bottles until I discovered this site. It was like a breath of fresh air to not have someone look at me like I was goofy for being so interested in bottles. We are an odd bunch so they say, but we are what we are and we enjoy it. Lets not let the negative people of this world screw it up with negative comments. IGNORE and lets get on with our love for bottle hunting/collecting.
GEE....I hope I didn't get to deep in the bottle hole here[8|]
My best to all......nice people that is. Marvin

#1twin

Reaction score
DUDE...EVIDENTLY I DID NOT READ DOWN FAR ENOUGH INTO THIS POST. AND NOW I AM GOING TO CONTRADICT ALL THE ADVICE I GAVE OTHERS. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THIS COUNTRY YOU BRING IT ON "LITTLE JERK" WE HAVE A SLOGAN HERE YOU ARE PROBABLY NOT FAMILIAR WITH. "WE AIN'T SCARED"
ENOUGH SAID. MARVIN A GILL , BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
**My apologies to the GOOD people of the forum.

preditor

Reaction score
I have the same problem, friends ask my why I want all those bottles and I just tell them "Its Fun.
Preditor[8D]

#1twin

Reaction score
Yes sir, I get the same thing from people that refer to bottles as junk. But when I ask them if they would pick up a dollar off the ground they all say "yes". I have never sold a bottle as of yet, but when I retire later this year I will try to sell the things I have a few repeats of and the 1000 common bottles I have. It is a fun hobby and you can learn a lot of history from it. I have been a hunter all my life so I guess it is the tresure hunter in me that loves it. Best of luck on your next dig and thanks for the comment.[:)]
Marvin

logueb

Reaction score
Looks like I'm in the same situation as you Marvin. I've been collecting for 40 years and plan on retiring in the next couple of years. Actually, I'll be eligible next year ( after 39 years at the same company). Got a lot of extras I need to turn into cash. Been trying to get the collection organized, but digging is a lot more fun. We may never get rich on bottles, but what a great time we had digging and collecting.

#1twin

Reaction score
Buster thanks for the reply. There are a lot of nice people on the forum. I have learned a lot from the nice folks here. Unfortunately, I am starting to see some people on here that have an attitude and a smart mouth like "diginit". I guess they want to take the fun out of the forum. I just had that smart mouth ask me if I wanted a tissue on another thread, when he was the idiot that made the mistake. People get real brave thousands of miles away don't they? And like they say "there is one in every crowd". So watch out for the smart elic's and enjoy the forum. Nice talking to you and good luck with your retirement.
Marvin

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I am new here and this is the first (bottle fight) I have seen on here, I have belonged to many others since I have been on AOL, and that was the beginning of time (3.0) floppy, I don't know what is going on but from what I read I think I have an idea, now this is going to be my quote, California DreamN almost had it its not beauty is in the eye of beholder its: beauty is in the eye of the Bottleholder, there I put my 3 cents in
s2.gif
[/align]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
1Twin I like you man, I sitting here off of work (sick) just reading post, I love to here guys like you talk, its like I am hearing my self talk,I agree owith you 10,000 percent! out with the bad in with the good! that's a hint to the boss. Rick

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2