Nothing worth collecting after 1950

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

#1twin

Reaction score
Thanks for the support there Rick. I simply ask someone a question and got a reply from someone else. When I told him the question was directed to the other person he ask me if I needed a tissue. What kind of mindless, immature statement is that? I joined this forum to learn about bottles and was just telling Cap the other day what a great site this is. I think your right about the boss comment. Even though I won't let someone stop me from enjoying the forum. Thanks again, Marvin

California Dream N

Reaction score
Way to go Spencer. I agree 100%..And Beauty is in the eye of the Beerholder. Keystone light to be exact...It's over 80 degrees in California today. Definately a cold beer day..All kidding aside any comments I make in this Forum ARE just poking fun at my fellow Bottle Nuts....Norene

Bottleman

Reaction score
Well, we got a local milk bottle that I have seen bring anywhere from $50-$170 and it’s a square pyro milk too. They aren’t that rare either but for some reason people go crazy over them but not me. They are from the 1960s too but I guess it is in the eye of the “bottleholderâ€.

~~Tom

P.S. I have read all of BigJock’s posts and I don’t think he was trying to start anything, he was just expressing his knowledge (ok bottlenutboy??? you understand now??? so get off his case). Plus, he is from a different country than the US so maybe the bottles made after 1950s over there are different than here in the US.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Like Rodney King once said Wa wawawawawawaay cant we all just get along? Because some people just don't want to, my words not Rodneys.

epgorge

Reaction score
Hey Spencer,

Your only 17 .. didn't you know alcohol ain't suppose to cross your lips until you are 18. Govamint says sooooo.....

Joel

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
didn't you know alcohol ain't suppose to cross your lips until you are 18

its 21 here in the great state of alabama.....and you cant honestly say that you NEVER drank ANY alcohol before you turned 18.....do you ALWAYS do what the government tells you? ill tell you what joel....i wont tell if you dont[:D][;)]

epgorge

Reaction score
its 21 here in the great state of alabama

Yep, forgot, since Reagan held everyones highway money hostage, the whole country went 21. Ayup, you are right It was 18 when I could legally drink.

And, nope, I didn't drink until I was tall enough to see across the bar. Then, I drank enough for this whole list. Today, Forty years later, I wished I hadn't. [&o]

Life is full of choices. Right or wrong, they are ultimately up to us.

Joel

epgorge

Reaction score
Hey Spencer,

Ever heard of Simonds?

I think this is an ACL. The first is embossed L.C. Simonds/ Bottler /8 0z. / Whitehall NY. This one has a bottom with an R in a triangle........Reed Glass Company, Rochester, NY (1927-1956).

The other is embossed Simonds / & Co./ Granville NY/ & / Wells VT /.

Ever heard of them? I think they were soda.

Joel

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4