ok guys, how much would you offer for the boardman?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

twowheelfan

Reaction score
i ran into a guy who found this bottle and i want it!
i have a pony. sapphire block letter version, but this one is different!
im made an offer , but he (not a collector) thinks it has more value. what do you guys think? i am kind of willing to pay retail for this because i have not seen one before, and it was found four blocks from my home. i dont know if its IP or smooth and i haven't seen it in person. i got to the site the day after he found it.
photo.jpg

if you guys feel sketchy about throwing numbers out. pm or email me (twowheelfan@yahoo.com).
Thanks. i got good info from a great digger and friend of mine and im feeling like i will pay more. i just want some other opinions.
Thanks!

epackage

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is the one you already have, just trying to help...Good luck...Jim

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item3cc2ac7ef1&item=260964122353&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=xk8PBtNCEVDQi%252BI8g9lpA%252FYjzb8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

twowheelfan

Reaction score
yes, thats like one i dug, i've never bought a bottle! i dont have many, but i have some good ones! this would be the first bottle i ever purchased. the pony i that i dug was one of four found in a 1850's pit with some other choice bottles.

epackage

Reaction score
Good luck...[;)] I look forward to some great pics when you acquire it...

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
The condition evidenced in the photo tells me that a C-note should easily take it. After a thorough tumbling by someone who knows how it should be a sparkler.[:)]

twowheelfan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: andy g

don't be too eager or buy it for too much -- you will definitely dig one soon enough in NYC, and especially if you buy this one.
thanks andy.
its been slow going with permissions. getting anxious. i figured, if i over pay a little on this one then murphy's law would kick in and i'd get a permission somewhere.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
I think $100 for that one would be a fair price. Here's a lighter sapphire one I got from Rory one time, loaded with bubbles. I love this example [;)]

000_7003.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler