Old Truck

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Looks like the truck was just hauled from the set of the old "Waltons" series.

Calling dibs on the battery ($7.00 here) if the sinks stainless to, and those possible copper cables in the back.................Mel Fisher isnt the olny guy out "salvagin"....

hemihampton

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ironmountain

Leet,

yep..same here. Live deep in the woods, car/farm equipment/fridge/washing machine etc dies....put it up in the bush and let it sit.

at our hunting camp (used to be grandma's farm) there's a small lumber road that's pretty tight to drive. On the left side of the "road" as you start going, there's a house cut in half. It's like someone literally took a saw and just sliced 1/2 of it off. It butts right up to the edge of the road (there's a 3' bank on the side of the road). You can see the rocks and brickes used to level it under the flooring, kitchen table still there, cups,plates etc... there used to be an old 33 ford in there, but someone hauled it out years ago.....I'm going digging and MD'ing that place next time we're up there....imagine the stuff to be found just snooping in the cupboards...

tried to see if i could see it from Google maps to get a pic, but no go...will have to get some when i get back up there.

My bro in law and myself decided this past year to clean the farm up. it's huge and there's so much crap out there...(i don't mind the 4000 dumps or privy sites though). So he and i just casually started hauling scrap stuff down or out to the bush roads on the property. Father in law got the hint and we cleared out almost all of it.

Now I just need to find a glass recycler. I'd be fat rich. Daughter and I have pulled thousands of brown glass beer bottles and we're not even 1/8 into all the dumps/privy sites/foundations of old farm buildings etc... figure the farm has been there since the mid 1800's. and all they did was sit around the fire and drink.

Let me know if you find any old rusty Beer Cans on the Farm[:)] LEON.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: Bottles r LEET

Cab inside.

29151A234C4143C398C7758CA84B6071.gif

Love the home made pvc pipe defroster system.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Headhunter2

Ya'll need to leave Plumbata alone. He is going to get p----- off and quit posting all his cool pictures and cool words. Plumbata, count me on your side, it's your call at that time and place in the woods.
Awwwwwwwww aren't you the ultimate kiss ass, 7 posts in 2 1/2 years and I'm supposed to listen to your words of wisdom[8|]

Jim

Reaction score
I'm glad that plans exist to restore that old Dodge. It does appear to be an old military Power Wagon, which, if I remember correctly, were known as the WDX series. They are tough old trucks, and worth a nice chunk of cash restored.

I had a 1967 Power Wagon that had been an old municipal road crew truck, complete with a manual-angle snow plow. Not ideal for highway driving with its extremely low gearing (225 six, 4-speed) and top speed of 45-50, but very cool to drive around in. Everyone who saw it wanted to buy it, and I finally gave in to one of them. I still miss that truck, but my 2011 Dodge Ram is just a bit more comfortable to drive. When you had a truck in the 60s, things like power steering, power brakes and a comfortable interior were usually not included. ~Jim

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: MIdigger

Heck I am Bipolar and wear a tinfoil hat!! And I can fly in my Superman jammies. If we were there at the same time it wouldve been a race into that car, make no doubt about that. Opportunity favors the first guy there!.

I don't know if you actually are Bipolar (I've got Aspergers myself so jokes often fly over my head) but my friend who accompanied me on the adventure is bipolar as well. I generally like people who have what others term as "disorders", because they tend to be far more interesting and dynamic than all those boring, conventionally-minded neuro-typical people out there.

If we did stumble on it at the same time I don't quite know how I would react, but whatever the case I hope you get to find some gold in an abandoned car someday! The purpose of my initial post was to share that if I can find gold in abandoned vehicles, then so can everybody else. I am prone to excessive verbosity, so I tried to prune the story down into a more digestible length. A mistake I suppose, because apparently posting about it publicly will get ya crucified by the close-minded and potentially jealous moral majority, but whatever, they all know precisely where to shove their erroneous judgements.

ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Love the home made pvc pipe defroster system.

I was wondering what that was, thanks for clearing it up! I also like the old truck, it has a very sturdy and rugged look to it. I'm glad that it will be restored, it'd be a shame if it got scrapped. Certainly not a shame is the junk in the bed was scrapped though!

ORIGINAL: epackage

Awwwwwwwww aren't you the ultimate kiss ass, 7 posts in 2 1/2 years and I'm supposed to listen to your words of wisdom

What do you mean by this Jim? Are you saying that I am a thief who doesn't deserve some intelligent, essentially anonymous, and utterly righteous support? Spell it out for me man, are you still holding Pat's completely wrong, factually deficient, but rather compelling position regarding this silliness? You are perfectly entitled to the opinion that my behavior may have been risky in some respect, but calling question to my integrity crosses the line. Perhaps you're just envious that someone is willing to come to bat for me...

And WTF do you know about wisdom? If you think that the number of posts someone has made is related to the wisdom of their statement, then obviously you don't know the first thing about "wisdom". In all likelihood, the number of posts under the belt is inversely correlated to the wisdom or intellect of the author. It could be said that people who have nothing better to do than accumulate many thousands of posts, and then who assume that the number somehow indicates that they are cool, popular, special, knowledgeable or wise are in fact totally lacking in all those respects...

ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

LOL!

Yeah... F'ing hilarious. [sm=rolleyes.gif]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
In all likelihood, the number of posts under the belt is inversely correlated to the wisdom or intellect of the author. It could be said that people who have nothing better to do than accumulate many thousands of posts, and then who assume that the number somehow indicates that they are cool, popular, special, knowledgeable or wise are in fact totally lacking in all those respects...

You tellum Steve! [:)] ..hey wait..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles