On target. Finding a target ball.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
Sounds good to me Bob , I miss the days of digging in Cincinnati . Most of everything I dug was 1880s to 1900 . Did get in one outhouse pit that had been dozed off a hillside , there was only about a foot of it left , the rest of it had been hauled away . I did find one nice paneled soda as well as a few small pontiled medicines . Found seven or eight other pontiled squat sodas , all broken regretably . That always seemed to be my luck .

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Just pulled this old target ball out of a box last week. Nice to reminice from time to time. I gotta find another one this year.[:)]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I love this story. Cool thing to find, Bob! Well written as with your hutch story. I feel like diving would be fun, but there's not much water around here, though plenty of history. Plus, I'm probably too jumpy to feel around in the muck for bottles. "Something just touched my leg! Oh God I'm getting out of here! AAAAAH!"

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
"Something just touched my leg! Oh God I'm getting out of here! AAAAAH!
Thanks for your nice comments Wheelah. It happens from time to time that something touches you in the murky depths. It's usually your dive buddy but sometimes a fish freaking out can slam you pretty hard as well.

RedGinger

Reaction score
You should submit this story and pictures to the bottle magazine, Bob! You always have great stories. I'd like to hear some more!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks Laur,
That's very kind of you. I may do it someday but I never seem to get around to it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie