On target. Finding a target ball.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Pretty cool! Very similar to the one I found except for tha awesome cork (is it original??) and it looks like there a few dots on it on the shoulder.

LC

Reaction score
Yours may not be embossed Bob , but it is still a super find being they are rarely ever found intact . I have never seen any found in this area , and there are quite a few people I know into hunting memorabilia , and none of them have one , or at least I have not seen any when I visit these people . They sure have a lot of other fine things though . I think a did a Google search some years ago , and found pics of some that were simply beautiful . If I had the bucks to squander , I could get into collecting them hot and heavy .

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
There were 3 dots. the cork was in it when I bought it, original? The barn was up to Searsport Maine. I can't tell what happened yesterday but if I collected 30 years ago I can tell your where and how much I paid. 25 cents for the lot. I was about 15. Years old that is, not cents.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
If I had the bucks to squander , I could get into collecting them hot and heavy .
Yea, LC, but spouses don't like the squander part much.

You know what else would be frustrating? Waiting for two years to add a new piece to the collection.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I was about 15.
Wow. Great investment for a 15 year old. Wish I would have started diving when I was 15. I'm guessing I would have a temendous collection (and I woudl have been way ahead of the bulk of people that do this).

LC

Reaction score
I wish I had the ability to dive , I know where there is a spot where some super nice glass could be found , a Berkshire bitters was found in said area as well as some other great bottles .

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hmm. Its not too late to learn.(Or is it?)

Otherwise, maybe sometime if I am down there, I could dive it for you. Don't get your hopes up because I don't road trip very often. But if I did, I would give you first crack at anything I found for showing me the spot. Plus, you could rest assured that I would not go back without you because (1. I wouldn't) and (2. I live hundreds of miles away). But, as I mentioned, its not something that happens very often. So, maybe getting certified is smarter.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Think of all the flooded towns and dumps under water in reservoirs that don't even allow swimming, fishing, dogs or just plain trespassing!

LC

Reaction score
Too blasted old now Bob , lol , as well as having nerve damage in my arms as well as other health issues . But maybe in the next life !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause