Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Ongoing bottle finds at cannery site need help identifying daily!

AlaskanBottleDiver

Aug 4, 2015
Hello,

I grew up spending the summers on a remote island in Alaska. There used to be a old cannery here I have been finding bottles for 15 years and continue to do so I need help identifying my finds sometimes. I will also post a few of the nicer finds I have been able to identify.

First for your consideration is a recent find. I can’t find much on it.

thank you for your time,
TT

Attachments

AlaskanBottleDiver

Aug 4, 2015
Another day another bottle.
For your viewing pleasure.

a kallispell Montana bottle with the remains of a metal cap still affixed. Found under a layer of moss. Very minty embossing.

Attachments

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
Based on the shape, the first one looks like a Coca Cola franchise bottler's bottle which would have been used for other flavours, does it say Coca Cola anywhere on it? Those are from pretty far afield from Alaska, I wonder how they ended up way out there.

AlaskanBottleDiver

Aug 4, 2015
Based on the shape, the first one looks like a Coca Cola franchise bottler's bottle which would have been used for other flavours, does it say Coca Cola anywhere on it? Those are from pretty far afield from Alaska, I wonder how they ended up way out there.
There was a steamship line that ran up through this cannery in the area I currently live 10,000 people lived in the bay and surrounding area from the 1900s-1960s. As to how a bottle came all the way up here from Idaho no clue! I have some other puzzlers I have no clue on I will continue to post daily. Here is some more photos.

the bottle says around the base patented June, 1 1926

top reads Soda water property of Coca Cola bottling co. Con. 6 FL OZ

Attachments

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ababram76