Orange crush bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: celerycola

If you want details about Orange Crush bottles, history, and values you need a copy of Mike Rosman's book "Krinkly to Mae West, History and Description of a Soda Pop Bottle." It is 265 pages and profusely illustrated with full color pics of bottles and advertising. You can contact Mike at mrosman@sympatico.ca.
Indeed

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Bumpa66

I appreciate everyone's input on this bottle. I appologize for not replying, but I have been traveling since I posted the original post. After reading all the comments, I have recieved a great amount of info and history on orange crush. But I am still confused as to what bottle I have here and who made it. After doing research myself, I could only find one other bottle on Etsy that looked like mine, but It just said it was pre-krinkly. I'm not sure where he got his info from, but he was selling it as rare. I'm still not sure if this bottle is a pre-krinkly bottle, or if it is made from another company, which produced an orange drink. After looking at all the ads with the paper labels, I am not convinced this bottle ever had a paper label. Would it have been on the opposite side of the slug plate? From everything I have read so far, this seems to be from the 1920's period? This would be in line with the age of the other bottles I am finding in this cellar hole. I still have a ways to dig, so maybe I will find some older stuff further down. Does anyone know how deep these cellar holes can go? I'm still not sure if it's a cellar hole or a root cellar. I am continuing to do research on companies in Greenville, KY that would have produced this bottle.

Yes the paper label would have been placed on the opposite side of the slug plate.

JBinNC

Reaction score
I just found 1 of these bottles in a creek the other day (exactly like the original post) Does anybody know the significance of the single letter on the bottom of the bottle. The original post had a "L" on the bottom, mine from Gastonia NC has a "C", I found a sold listing on ebay with a "M" on it from Morrilton AR. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the dates of the bottles or if it is just a mold code? Thanks

Attachments

• Aqua Orange Crush_bottle.jpg
    Aqua Orange Crush_bottle.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Orange Crush_bottom.jpg
    Orange Crush_bottom.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 59

Jstorm

Reaction score
I just found 1 of these bottles in a creek the other day (exactly like the original post) Does anybody know the significance of the single letter on the bottom of the bottle. The original post had a "L" on the bottom, mine from Gastonia NC has a "C", I found a sold listing on ebay with a "M" on it from Morrilton AR. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the dates of the bottles or if it is just a mold code? Thanks
Very nice

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal