Orignal Budwiser Bottle ...anybody have one of these?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Sweet jug. I got bits of cobalt with that same design on it. I think its gonna be a 4 to 6 gallon crock. If I can find enough of it to have it put back together that is. What is the stamp on it? I've been wondering what company made it. Swiz

amblypygi

Reaction score
It's Satterlee and Mory, Fort Edward NY. There's a crock with the same design on fleabay right now with some information about the maker:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Satterlee-Mory-Fort-Edward-Stoneware-Preserve-Jar-/140405665377

Quoting from the auction: "This is the stamp of George A. Satterlee and Michael Mory who ran the pottery in Fort Edward from 1861-1891."

Sean

swizzle

Reaction score
Sweet. I don't know if the crock I have is going to end up with a top like that but I hope so. I love seeing different stoneware shapes and that would be a new one for my collection. Thanx for the info. Swiz

KBbottles

Reaction score
This is an Anheuser from Princeton, NJ that I pulled out of my recent site. No actual old buds like yours yet though.

1A877EBCB77B427CB182509AD2E8892F.jpg

Attachments

• 1A877EBCB77B427CB182509AD2E8892F.jpg
    1A877EBCB77B427CB182509AD2E8892F.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 89

rockbot

Reaction score
Nice buttwiper Rick.[:D][:D]
I got a tooled crown. not near as old as yours.
Rocky

F15DABE856E94ABBAD300270C160468A.jpg

Attachments

• F15DABE856E94ABBAD300270C160468A.jpg
    F15DABE856E94ABBAD300270C160468A.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 64

pabottles

Reaction score
The new stuff is probably pisswater in comparison to the original.Just like the old National Bohemian beer (natty boh) compared to todays swill they try to pass off as the old stuff.

Oklabottles

Reaction score
history from wikipedia

Anheuser-Busch began as a small brewery located in St. Louis, Missouri. In 1860, Eberhard Anheuser, a prosperous German-born soap manufacturer, became owner of the struggling brewery. Adolphus Busch, Anheuser’s son-in-law, became partner in 1869, and became president when Anheuser died in 1880.

Adolphus Busch was the first U.S. brewer to use pasteurization to keep beer fresh, the first to use artificial refrigeration and refrigerated railroad cars and the first to bottle beer extensively[2]. In 1876, Busch introduced America’s first national beer brand: Budweiser. In 1877, the company introduced the first cola: King Cola.

In 1876, Adolphus Busch and his friend Carl Conrad, a liquor importer, developed a "Bohemian-style" lager, inspired after a trip to the region. Brewers in Bohemia (today's Czech Republic) generally named a beer after their town with the suffix "er." Beers produced in the town of Pilsen (today's Plzeň), for example, were called Pilsners. Busch and Conrad had visited another town, only 104 km (65 miles) south of Pilsen also, known for its breweries: Budweis (or Böhmisch Budweis, today's České Budějovice). Beer has been brewed in Budweis since it was founded as Budiwoyz by king Ottokar II of Bohemia in 1245. The name Budweiser is a locative, meaning "of Budweis." In most European countries American Budweiser is not labelled as Budweiser but as Bud, and the name Budweiser refers to the original Czech beer, Budweiser Budvar. The United Kingdom is the exception to this, and both companies use Budweiser there.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
RE: history from wikipedia

Hello RICKJJ59W; This information might make you happy, I kept a reference to this bottle which should transfer to here. RED Matthews

Orig Bud Beer.doc 09/09/2008 Winning bid:US $3,397.50 bottlebrink( 459459) Antique Conrad ORIGINAL BUDWEISER blob beer bottle Item number: 180284756687
[font="georgia, serif"]Extremely rare ORIGINAL BUDWEISER blob top bottle. This is not your average Conrad Original Budweiser to say the least. Words can't describe how amazing this bottle actually is! [/font] [font="georgia, serif"]To start with I dug this bottle from a privy in Wichita Kansas. The privy was in use during the late 1870's to early 1880's based on the age of other bottles found with the Budweiser.[/font] [font="georgia, serif"]The bottle stands 6-3/4 inches tall and looks like a blob soda. The front is embossed ORIGINAL BUDWEISER and the back THIS BOTTLE NOT TO BE SOLD. the embossing is very bold and crisp. The base is embossed U.S.T.6376 (United States Trademark & 6376 was Carl Conrad's patent number).[/font] [font="georgia, serif"]The character of this bottle is unbelievable. The glass is whittled, the neck is full of crude twisted stretch marks, it leans to one side, the blob top is crudely applied, and there are even yellow glass streaks in the neck.[/font] The condition is just as amazing. The bottle must not have seen circulation as there is no case wear. There are no chips or cracks and the bottle is not tumbled it actually came out of the ground this clean. Most people look at it and think that it has been tumbled. I would guess that Carl Conrad had this bottle made maybe as an experiment and who knows how it ended up in Wichita. Don't miss this opportunity to own what is probably the rarest of all Budweiser bottles

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!! RED

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28