Out prospecting part 3!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Andyf

Reaction score
Well, quite a day. I had no less than ten sites lined up to check out, started at 8am and went to go get 'em. The first site yielded a dump, and I did a bit of diggin' It looked 40's, all clear glass except for one BIM Lung Tonic. Moved on to the next site. Walked for miles in boiling sunshine. Site after site was no go, either I couldn'r see a dump, or the site had been destroyed or covered in dense undergrowth. It was looking like a washout.I had two more sites to check, both of which I'd recce'd, but I could only visit one as they lay on different routes home.... a dilema. In the end I made my choice, and went for a large ruined house.

I'd seen ash down a bank there, but had to work my up a stream bed. Finally, I got to see a dump..

Ay74626.jpg

Andyf

Reaction score
At first, it looked like it had already ben dug, but then I realised it was just a collapse into the stream. I set to work with a fork. Great digging, just throw the spoil DOWNHILL into the stream, saves some energy!

I soon found a really cool pot...the age looks good....!

Tr49374.jpg

Attachments

• Tr49374.jpg
    Tr49374.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 67

Andyf

Reaction score
One minute later WOW!

This is the first ever Hamilton I've found. Cool! It's got a chip,and is badly stained, but hey I'm not complaining...

Fd92523.jpg

Attachments

• Fd92523.jpg
    Fd92523.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 63

Andyf

Reaction score
Also found some nice clay pipes...

One says O'brian, Mayo St, Dublin, the other says "Dr Adamson" on one side of the stem, and "?P CANAL" on the other. It has a head onone side of the bowl, (sorry bad photo) and a sailing boat on the other...

(Postscript - Apparently Dr Adamson built the Manchester Ship canal, completed in 1894)

Bz78689.jpg

There's a lot more in this dump, back there over the weekend. Lots of stuff had a french theme, quite a few cosmetics pots , so I'm hoping for some good pot lids

Attachments

• Bz78689.jpg
    Bz78689.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 64

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Andy, Great finds. Could "P' Canal be Panama Canal. Apparently we all worked on it at one time or another. English, American, French, Spanish, Lackawackawanean. Some kind of world canal commission.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday