Pennsylvania (New Hanover) Members: Help, Please!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
unless I pay.

Hey, Laur...

Good to hear you're having fun with it... My strategy is to get whatever I can thru the free service... I'm still trying to figure out how to work all the searches and message boards, but i did get a response quickly just by putting up a message on a board that dealt with the name Reifsnyder, my great grandmother's married name... The contact even sent me images of the actual census records! Also, I've taken notes about where to look when I start "on the clock"...

Then, I'll sign up for the free two weeks of full access and tear thru everything I can... Then maybe my wife can get us another two weeks... After that, if I need more time I'll buy a month for $30...

Tried the Latter Day Saints site but didn't get much but some notes on possible sources, one a history of the New Hanover Evangelical Lutheran Church...

Ron

RedGinger

Reaction score
Yeah guys, I'm hoping the other member will see our match and be able to contact me. Are there any other geneaology sites you guys recommend?

ktbi

Reaction score
Although I haven't used them yet, I was told FamilyHistory.org and FamilySearch.org were good sites. If you use them, let us know what you find.....Thnks....Left Coast Ron

bearswede

Reaction score
RE: Pennsylvania (Gilbertsville/Pottstown) Members: Help, Please!!!

Just another update...

I've been able to discover my great great grandmother's first name: Lydia... And her married name was Frey; born about 1822-23... When I get to the next level, I'll be into the 18th century... Someday, I might strike ancestry gold in Europe!

Ron

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bearswede

Hi Guys...

I'm heavily into building my family tree on ancestors.com and could use some help. My great grandmother, Lena Reifsnyder, is buried in New Hanover Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery, New Hanover, PA. If anyone lives near there and could find the stone, I have no record of her maiden name or my grandfather's first name. Her dates are: 11/4/1847 to 5/15/1951. A note of interest: she was in attendance at Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

Thanks in advance... Let me know if you need any further info...

Ron

WOW THAT IS COOL THAT SHE SAW LINCOLN! I HAVE BEEN REALLY INTO MY DAD'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY ,SINCE MY AUNT DID ALL ON MY MOM'S SIDE. MY GREATGRANDFATH ON MOM'S SIDE WAS A SARGENT IN THE CSA.

TROUBLE WITH MY DAD'S SIDE IS HIS GREAT GRANDAD WAS ADOPTED,HIS GRANDAD WAS ADOPTED BY HIM AND MY DAD WAS ADOPTED BY HIS GRANDAD!!! LOT OF HANKY PANKY!![:D] POP TOLD ME NOT TO LOOK TOO HARD INTO THE TREE CAUSE YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE THE MONKEY LOOKING BACK AT YOU!![8D] JAMIE

bearswede

Reaction score
Ancestry Thread...

Thought I'd post my latest mined info... It IS like mining gold or gems! Also, renamed the Thread since people seemed interested in the process...

Put aside my mother's branch for awhile... Picked up my father's (Swedish) and actually was able to run with it using US documents... Actually dug up the names of my great great great grandparents in Sweden! And, wound up with a gathering mystery... More on that later...

Still stymied on my Far Mor's (my father's mother's) parents, I finally found a place to ask for look-ups in the Swedish records... Hit paydirt, and discovered my great grandmother's name was Sofia... The name my daughter had chosen for her daughter, now about 2 years old... What an astounding happenstance... I am truly amazed at the whirling cogs of this universe...

Ron

Poison_Us

Reaction score
RE: Ancestry Thread...

My wife had a year subscription for ancestry.com and created a near complete lineage, with the help of someone from her fathers side ( I think ) who contacted her because of her work, and gave her even more info on what she had collected. Found out she could be a possible member of the Daughters of the Revolution and even from the Mayflower. That is still in the works.

She also did a little bit on my family side just to get the immediate relatives to link my side to hers.
Ran out of stuff to look up as you need the world membership to inquire about relations in Europe. Didn't do that so she hasn't worked on it in over a year.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter