Pepsi Cola hutch help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottleworm

Reaction score
I already posted this in general chat a[attachment=IMG_0576.JPG] nd was just hoping you soda guys can help me out. Is this a good price or not? Should I buy it for this. Has some chipping on lip and base and some case wear. Thanks!

Attachments

• 3bf2a7b7a087406aab18da42a0734dc2.jpg
    3bf2a7b7a087406aab18da42a0734dc2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 111

iggyworf

Reaction score
I collect Pepsi's but still am no expert. Ayers vol 1 lists that bottle for 700 to 800$ in near mint cond. But that book is from 1995. I would think though it still holds a high price. It's the only Pepsi hutch there is. From about 1905-1910. From this pic it looks pretty good. If I was to try and get it I would always try to ask for a lower price and then haggle from there. Hopefully others will add some info for you. That is still a good chunk of change to spend on one bottle. Good luck!

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Thanks but the condition is a chip on the base and a gouge out of the lip. And some other little case wear. Any other help is appreciated. Thanks iggy!

iggyworf

Reaction score
Bottleworm, I don't know if you checked ebay or not. Currently there are no hutch bottles. But I checked the sold listings and found these semi recent ones that sold for big $$$.http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESCAMBIA-HUTCHINSON-PEPSI-COLA-SODA-Hutch-BOTTLE-PENSACOLA-FLORIDA-fla-/131021131399 http://www.greatestcollectibles.com/pepsi-cola-hutchinson-bottle-pensacola-florida/#.VSMI_pNTmh4 Then this one for much less. In jan 2015http://www.icollector.com/Early-Escambia-Pepsi-Cola-Hutchinson-Bottle_i21315635Personally I might offer the person 300$ first and see what they say. If that is possible. It looks like this bottle is in an antique store? And sometimes the don't call the owners to deal. But It's defiantly worth a try.

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
I would use the damage as a means to talk them down on the price. I would start with the lip (since it's the most noticeable), then work on the chip. Explain to them they are on the threshold of mint condition with that price and this bottle is no where near mint. Just my opinion. Anything to get the price down.

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Ok thanks you two! I was thinking about reselling it but after the prices on those two real nice examples im thinking the $575 is what it would sell for. Iggy thanks for posting the links! And bass thanks for the tips on getting the price down. Also iggy it is in an antique store and they do call the owners.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S. Here's the seller's description ... Condition: Used, An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. Up for auction is a vintage, clear, Pepsi Cola hutchinson bottle from Pensacola Florida. The front of the bottle is boldly embossed ESCAMBIA / PEPSI COLA (in script) / BOTTLING CO./ PENSACOLA, / FLA. and the base is embossed E.Co. This bottle has been very lightly cleaned to its original luster and is in near perfect condition. There are no cracks, stains, chips, bruises, fisheyes or high point wear. There is a very tiny in manufacture surface buble on the back of the top , a very tiny flea bite nick in the lip, and a small amount of very minor surface nicks on the back. These minor imperfections are only mentioned for acuracy and just prevents this bottle from being perfectly mint. Here is an opportunity to aquire a sparkling example of a famous, sought after, Pepsi Cola hutchinson bottle in a fair and open auction with no reserve. Good luck and bid with confidence.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
This link is to a sampling of Escambia Pepsi Cola hutch's that sold on eBay between 2007 and 2014. Some of them are duplicate listings for the same bottle, but it should give you some idea of what collectors are buying. Unfortunately, you will have to sign up with the site to see the selling prices. But regardless of the selling prices, it's clearly evident that collectors are buying them in almost any condition ... http://www.worthpoint.com/inventory/search?query=Escambia+Pepsi+Cola+Hutchinson+&categoryurl=&search-right=

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
This is what I call cross-referencing to avoid having to sign up with the WorthPoint site in order to see what a particular item sold for. As you will see, this is basically the same listing for the same bottle. Even though it only received one bid and may not be a true evaluation of the bottle's worth, it clearly exemplifies these bottles are selling in the high dollar range. When it comes to selling, it doesn't really matter if there is only one bid or twenty, just as long as it sells. If it were me, I'd offer the antique dealer $300 for the bottle, saying that's my rock-bottom price and all I can afford, and then see what their response is. Chances are they will counter offer, possibly at $400, at which time I would play hard to get and say "let me think about it." Followed by giving the dealer my phone number in case they change their mind and decide to let it go for $300. I honestly think if the bottle can be had for $400 or less, that it could possibly be a steal at that price. Of course, I'm not the one in the hot seat here! [;)]
WorthPoint listing ~ October 22, 2013 ~ Pictures but no selling price

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/escambia-hutchinson-pepsi-cola-soda-477576638

Same bottle ~ Sold on eBay ~ October 22, 2013 ~ 1 Bid ~ No pictures but shows selling price ~ $1,299.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESCAMBIA-HUTCHINSON-PEPSI-COLA-SODA-Hutch-BOTTLE-PENSACOLA-FLORIDA-fla-/131021131399?nma=true&si=GYUUOQINeT0UiSVglIf0VXb8rNs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Same description from both links ...

ESCAMBIA HUTCHINSON

PEPSI-COLA SODA BOTTLE

PENSACOLA, FLORIDA FEATURED: THE KING of the PEPSI BOTTLES! -> -> -> AND - - THE ONLY PEPSI MADE IN THE HUTCH STYLE BOTTLE!!! Pepsi is in dug condition. Clear and stands about 6 1/2". The PEPSI is STRONGLY EMBOSSED: ESCAMBIA Pepsi Cola (in script) Bottling Co. Pensacola, FLA. Base is embossed: "E. Co.". Comes with Wire Stopper!

CONDITION: The PEPSI HUTCH BOTTLE is in dug condition, has: ground wear, a small 3/16" flake (popped-out fish-eye) on the back center, small/light pings/dings/bruises, and staining (primarily inside the HUTCH). No other CHIPS or CRACKS!!! *OVERALL a VERY NICE EXAMPLE of the PEPSI HUTCHINSON BOTTLE!

[ Image from first link ]

Attachments

• ae9b8a3d5c594812a346d8190f46f5b1.jpg
    ae9b8a3d5c594812a346d8190f46f5b1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 127

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator