Pepsi Cola hutch help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Bottleworm If you are serious about purchasing the bottle and can possibly get it for $300-350, I'd jump on it now while the jumpin' is good. If you wait too long, someone is going to beat you to it. I will bet you dimes-to-donuts that a bottle like that would sell on eBay for at least $1,000. But then again, it's not my dime we're talking about here. But if it were, I'd be down there right now and slap three crisp hunskies on the counter and see what happens. The worst that can happen is for them to say "no" [:D]

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Thanks sodapopbob. I really just want to make some money off of this bottle. As I am at the age where I need some good chunks of money. I really wish it was a given that I could make $700 on it but that's not guaranteed. This is a big gamble for me. What do you think would be the highest I should pay for this bottle? I may head over there again this weekend and see what they say. Who knows it may be gone by then. Anyway thanks for all your help! I will give an update on how this turns out. What do you think this would go for even in the badly chipped and gouged condition of this bottle? Thanks again soda bob.

iggyworf

Reaction score
I really would want to have that bottle. But that is extremely out of my price range. But I hope it works out for you. Bob was thinking the same as me. I would offer 3 bills at first. Good luck!

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Thanks iggy! The guy knows his bottles so I don't know how the offer will go. What would you consider too much for this bottle? Thanks!

iggyworf

Reaction score
I am no expert yet. But if I had extra money to play with, I would stop at 450$. With the small condition issues you stated, Maybe anything over his asking price might be too high. Strange in that the links I found earlier and then Bob found them too, The big variation in price from one to the other. I wonder how long this person has had this bottle?

Bottleworm

Reaction score
I have no clue man. This is the first pepsi hutch I have seen in person. So what do you personally think this will sell for? I really want to buy this and make some money but the bad thing is $450 is a HUGE gamble!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Bottleworm There are factors here that would help considerably if you knew the answers to them. For example; if the seller has only had the bottle for six days, that's one thing, and he probably won't budge an inch on the price. But if he's been sitting on it for six months, then your odds of getting him to go lower are more favorable. But since you will likely never know for sure what his situation is, about all you can do is make an offer and see what happens. What I'd do is start out with a low offer around $250 and then see what his reaction is. This will probably insult him price-wise, but at least you'll know where he's coming from. It could be the price is firm and that's that and you won't have any say in the matter. But the only way to find that out is to bite the bullet and approach him. As for the bottle's true value, to the right collector I honestly think it's worth at least $750 to about $1,000 max. If, as you say, the seller knows his bottles, then he will likely be the first to tell you this and he will probably point out that it's already at a bargain price at $575. The tricky part is that you want to resell it - but you should still do okay providing you're comfortable with a modest profit. It's too bad you don't plan to keep it because I doubt you find another one like it for less than $500.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Yeah I totally understand. Going by the other 2 that recently sold on ebay.(1300$ & 1450$) I would think 500$ and higher on ebay. Because it is exposed to alot more people than in a local antique store. But I don't want you to get burned either. I am afraid to give any estimates on price. If you do end up getting it and put it on ebay, maybe put a reserve on it.
I will agree with Bob also. You have to find out where the person stands.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S. There's no way you can lose money if you can get the bottle for $400 or less!

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Thanks so much!!!!! I would like to keep it but at my young age (16) I don't think I could keep it as I need money constantly. But this weekend I will see what I can do! Also SODAPOPBOB the damage wouldn't lower the price even more dramatically? The chip isn't bad but the gouge is an eye sore. Anyways thanks you guys so much for helping me through this. I have no real knowledge about these high price coke bottles! Thanks again.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson