Pepsi hutch for sale on eBay - undisclosed damage

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

splante

Reaction score
I like his response Iam not a bottle person, but went to a few bottle shows.......hmmmm. at least he posted the questions so any bidder can retract if they feel they have been mislead. I will also "report" it as a frsadulent listing on ebay. Anyone can report an item they feel is misrepresented right on the sellars ebay listing for the item...not sure if anything gets done about it if only one complaint report,but If several report it they may ask the buyer to fix the listing or pull it
nice catch

CA7047B4FD0E4027A2EA41E409EB7457.jpg

Attachments

• CA7047B4FD0E4027A2EA41E409EB7457.jpg
    CA7047B4FD0E4027A2EA41E409EB7457.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 60

stephengray

Reaction score
If you take a look at the junction of the neck to the shoulder of the bottle you can see a faint line. The glass surface is shiny until you get to the bottom of the neck and you can see what looks like a line of scratches, and there is a slight difference in color of the blob and the rest of the bottle. Also, if you look at the bottom left corner of the base you can see some dullness like it was ground done or something.

Stephen

T D

Reaction score
You better believe if I were to list that bottle on Ebay, I would know how to add pics or at least ask someone how to. It amazes me how someone can be such a jerk to someone who is possibly going to let go of a lot of cash to buy this bottle. I'd be bending over backwards trying to accommodate...

Also amazes my that someone would spend that much money (supposedly) and knows so little about bottles (I liked it and had never seen one before so I bought it)... Yeah right...

epackage

Reaction score
Would you look at that, a first time ebayer is the top bid. Makes me wonder if this douche had a friend start bidding because he realized the jig was up after he put the questions regarding the top on the auction page???[8|]

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
I think I know who this is......he's from Greenwood which is not to far from me.

Changes his name every few years or when he has enough negative feedback. If it is who I think it is.......he does come up with some nice stuff from time to time, but hard as hell to deal with.

Now why do two people here see two entirely different reasons there is something wrong?

"Give me paint or give me no bottle at all" [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Ka0s

Reaction score
I don't think we see 2 different things, I am with him that the top was replaced or at least extensively repaired (I can't be for certain exactly what was done unless I seen it first hand). My post shows the glue where it has a lump and indention. I also mentioned the line in the glass that should not be there. I was giving the very apparent sign where glue acts much different then glass. I do however think the line at the base of the neck could be right but the line at the top of the neck before the top flares out is also wrong. Furthermore the base of the neck does have a discoloration to it again suggesting glue, was it the top glued or the whole neck again i cant be sure unless I held it in my hand but its for sure a red flag. I took several photo's of my hutch to see if I could reproduce the line at the top of the neck and I was unable to..

Ka0s

Reaction score
Can you see the repairs here?? All of these are VERY apparent.. Looks like everything this guy has is repaired and I can see now why he would have to change his name. I also think I know who this guy is now that I see some of his other garbage. I feel bad for whoever gets these...

Well start with one that you have to look close to see. Well some of you wont, its really easy to see to a trained eye.

John Seedorff
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHN-SEEDORFF-CHARLESTON-SOUTH-CAROLINA/251054921715?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=015&category=896&cmd=ViewItem

Then the sick bottle with an AMAZINGLY great top.. HMM how does this happen??

Kingstree
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251054913495&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

And finally the most apparent for last. Guess one could argue they used a completely diffrent mold for this bottle and ran out of the same glass for the top..

Cheraw Pepsi
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-PEPSI-COLA-CHERAW-SOUTH-CAROLINA/251054928239?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=015&category=13915&cmd=ViewItem

He also has a Marion Coke up, it looks like its not repaired but it has been turned so much that the embossing is about gone. This guy really needs to reported for selling complete trash and passing it off for good items. It's people like that stops me from buying anything at all on ebay.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Crap, just seen this post lol...

I bought the Seedorff. Should have checked his other listings but I didn't. I noticed the photos have quite a distance to them but didn't give too much thought to it as what appears to be a "new" seller. When it arrives i'll check it thoroughly. I have seen a couple other John Seedorffs with that same style blob. But... Even tho he states no returns, if the top has been replaced, can I still return it being that he accepts Paypal? I think you mentioned that Matt.

~Tim

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Similar top. From Bottleden...

911607CF3B404606BDD466EF90D427C9.jpg

Attachments

• 911607CF3B404606BDD466EF90D427C9.jpg
    911607CF3B404606BDD466EF90D427C9.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 61

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads