pharmacy/druggist size runs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mctaggart67

Reaction score
As I say, 12 ouncers are available here in Canada, but it's the hardest size to find, other than 32 ounce, even though all major Canadian glassworks offered the size. Must have been a pharmacy trade quirk not to favour 12 ouncers.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Wow some good information posted on this thread. I will admit nearly all of my pharmacy "size runs" are works in progress. From my own limited experience, the larger the size - the rarer it is. The smaller the bottle (1/2 oz. 1 oz., etc.) the more likely it was to survive being dumped/dropped/buried. With certain local pharmacy bottles I find many only seem to have been made in one size. Try adding a citrate or dose glass to a "size run" and you will likely be in for some serious expenditures! Here is one of my better size runs pictured. Palo Alto Weingartner run of 6.jpg

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Just checked the glassworks catalogues I have (well copies of them), and Canadian glass companies regularly list a 1/4 ounce size for many styles of prescription ware. Yet I've never seen an embossed example in 35+ years of collecting.

botlguy

Reaction score
I'm assuming you are talking about exclusively Canadian Pharmacy / Drug Store bottles. I have 2 USA made / used bottles that I believe actually fit the description of 1/4 ounce empty bottles that were purchased by local pharmacies to be filled by them with specific ingredients for specific individual customers. 1/4 ounce are advertised and available in the USA but are scarce to rare. I desire and covet any available, even Canadian, although my focus is the USA.
Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal