Pickle Flask?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gratefuldigger

Reaction score
Hey guys , check out E-Bay item # 6256211883, Recently dug one and we were looking for any info on it. How old? what was in it? Value? Scarcity? Any Info at all? who made them If anyone knows of this would you please post and let me know. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks GratefulDigger

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The lip style doesnt look very early on the one in the auction but they dont have a great photo. Can you post a photo of the lip on yours showing the seam?

swizzle

Reaction score
Cool bottle !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6256211883&ru=http://search.ebay.com:80/6256211883_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQfviZ1

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but it appears to be machine made. I've seen one of these somewhere, just trying to remember where.

Gratefuldigger

Reaction score
Think Gunther ,Think! Hey , I will post a picture in the next day or so, check back if you would please. I'm dying to find out about it!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
One place I remember seeing something like this is German pickle christmas ornaments.
It is about the right size and would have had a metal cap/hook. The tradition was to hide the pickle on the tree somewhere and people would try to find it.
Although this pickle is the right size , the ornaments I have seen have not been transparent glass but rather an opaque painted finish. Also if yours is heavy glass it wouldnt be well suited for an ornament. Possibly something like a candy container. Its hard to judge glass items without being able to handle them.

capsoda

Reaction score
I've seen thows "pickle flasks" before in amber and aqua but I can't remember where. Maybe in something Digger wrote.

One is a repop, amber I beleave, and one is real.

Gratefuldigger

Reaction score
RE: Pickle Flask? Hey GuntherHess

That ended on E-bay ,I guess it wasn't as good a piece as I thought $60. Or maybe you still can get a good buy out there in BottleWorld. Buy the way,after talking with a few bottle heads around here(Central PA)I do now believe it is a figural flask.,maybe as a sampler whiskey flask? Still would like to know fro sure. Thanks again. Gratefuldigger

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I would need to really examine it closely, the photos arent good enough. The lip looks suspiciously new to me. If its a sample whiskey , its unlike anything I have run across.
Sorry couldnt help much.

Gratefuldigger

Reaction score
Yo Gunther

Hey Gunther , Are you going to be at the Baltimore show on Sunday? I'll bring the pickle . How could I find you? Cell phone maybe?

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75