PLEASE HELP! NOT A WAR TIME 7UP?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
[blockquote]
[blockquote]
Dang scavenger now look what ya done. Done run off Kathy. The best friend and most knowlageable person we have here on the soda side. All because of a 7Up bottle and a moron in Alabama [meaning bottleman57]. As a collector of said bottles should'nt you have known what you where getting. What do you use for refrence? Seems like you're blaming Kathy and Bill for your mistake. I know you said you were'nt.Ya said Kathy was trying to make you look like a fool. That was probably my post go back and check it out. Something else you said "That the paint was removed" ya think someone actually sat there w/ a razor scrapping away to rip someone off. I don't think so. Ya only need two more to be complete? Don't know what or how many you have,but sitting here looking at Fizz Jan/Feb 05 I see 9 different bottle backs. Jan/Feb 06 front cover there is a 7Up bottle that has on front lable 'Alkaline Reaction/ The Gas Purifies" got that one? How about the amber standard from San Dieago? Ooops now there's four ya need and I'll bet if ya look longer there's more. Calm down they're only bottles, inexpensive ones to boot. When ya start paying 3-400 then start tripping,but not over 20 bucks. I think Kathy needs an "I'm sorry for over reacting........" Just my opinion there............ Rhona the acl process started around 1935. That's just what I've heard and read. I was'nt around back then so I'll have to leave it at that.[/blockquote][/blockquote]

T D

Reaction score
Rhona, I agree with Pat, everyone says 1935, but most of the stuff you see, really starts around 1937, 38, and 39. The Try Me is newer, but I can't date it. The ACL's from the thirtys have a different sheen to the colors, unually a duller look. The ACL book you can find at thesodafizz.com describes the history of the ACL and the changes in the painting process over the years. Hope this helps.

madman

Reaction score
yep the dump where ifind them dates to 1935 to 1941 madman

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
That's about right there TD and Mike. I don't belive I have one that pre dates 1938. I do have a Lucky Boy from Fla. that maybe a 36 or 37.

T D

Reaction score
according to the code, this is a Glenshaw Glass 1938

89F03751206242CB98700C1AB5E2DC73.jpg

Attachments

• 89F03751206242CB98700C1AB5E2DC73.jpg
    89F03751206242CB98700C1AB5E2DC73.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 88

T D

Reaction score
best I can tell this is a 1937, I've got several more pre 1940, all I could get my hands on this late....

5B7ED11EBEEB4B2BBBC2A2BA3F42031C.jpg

Attachments

• 5B7ED11EBEEB4B2BBBC2A2BA3F42031C.jpg
    5B7ED11EBEEB4B2BBBC2A2BA3F42031C.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 83

bamascavenger

Reaction score
Osia,I have 12... 7up bottles, the ALKALINE, THE Amber Squat 1935!! ACL. AND EACH HAVE A TOTTALY DIFFERENT SAYING ON THE REAR SIDE. Besides the one that says; take the ouch out of grouch embossed 1937 test bottle i am about done unless another variant of the rears come around.
Now your letter here has already started out like a child would say; nanny nanny boo boo. Christs sake man, Grow up! And as far as your "opinion".... they are like butt holes we all have one! I DID NOT RUN MS. Kathy off! Nor was i trying. And may i add, I do not apologize unless i know i need to and in this case there is no apology coming for just asking for more documentation. 1. "I DID NOT OVER REACT." Yes, I should have looked at the bottle more than i did, But have you ever got buck fever? I normally have stayed away from these before until i read the article in the Fizz. But i NEVER blamed the FIZZ! Now... MY OPINION, I think 7up may have kept the red on but not as much, to make the product stand out and out sale other sodas during these times. Ie. More flare, easy to see! But, franchises out there may have followed instructions from the main office and removed the red. If the main office gave these orders, yet to be confirmed? Therefore, There may only be a few WHITE label 7ups out here. So, these may now be considered very rare? This is the info as collectors we need. And if i went about it the wrong way, which some people do and i too. Maybe, Just maybe i owe an apology. But it is not your place to TELL me to make one. Maybe if you asked, That would be different. As for the fool comment if you were and now are trying to make a fool out of someone who has an extensive soda collection by asking which ones i have and oooops then you need 4. HaHa! Who is the FOOL now? LOOK IN THE MIRROR! REMEMBER, WHEN YOU POINT A FINGER AT SOMEONE THERE ARE ALWAYS FOUR POINTING BACK AT YOU! I have more than i listed above but why try and please you. I have a Squat from Nashville, Houston, San Diego, New Orleans. ACL! And a few that had paper labels. I try and purchase only the premo ones out there for sale. I hate that you are so envious! It is so evident and too funny. And sir may i add, I think you are a very callous individual trying to hide under a skirt! Kathy is grown and says what she likes and if she wants an apology from me, then let her ask. I do not need you to be a go between with her and I. She is quite grown and capable of writing that is for sure. Everyone should ask questions regardless of who the author or writer would be. If you have or think you have a valid issue that would make something grow or get a better understanding of the issue for the community as a whole....Then ask them! As I did! The fool is the one who never asks! I am willing to learn, learn, learn and learn more if it gets the original Authors to research it for us. The time they spend doing so greatly helps the bottle collecting community and i have great respect for both BILL and KATHY! If it were not for them I would not have noticed that all my 7ups had different phrases on the rear and some only very slight. Where i had only 1 bottle there is now 2 that look alike but the rears/phrases are different. ALL THANKS TO THAT GREAT 7UP ARTICLE IN THE SODAFIZZ!! So Osia, in conclusion, If you are not in the poker game stop telling the others how to play! P.S. How many do you have OSIA?

TX Big Chief

Reaction score
This fire don't need any more fuel but I will pour a little on it anyway.This bottle is from ebay,dated 1950.It does show that the red color comes off easier than the white,war time or not.Everyone can draw their own conclusions from it.

72F5E09D28044F15A687D5C190DF45B9.jpg

Attachments

• 72F5E09D28044F15A687D5C190DF45B9.jpg
    72F5E09D28044F15A687D5C190DF45B9.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 87

T D

Reaction score
dudes, some folks here are wound a little too tight. I love these forums for the tons of information that you can learn from lots of different kinds of folks. Been in million junk holes looking for old bottles, but never in a hole in the ground. After reading and learning from these posts, a may try a dig before I get too old to shovel. Yes everyone does have an opinion, but remember everyone has a different personality too, so just let it go. I do get kick to begin with, but after a while it gets a little stale. I sense that some are capable of interjecting some good stuff gets turned off by all the negative and either goes off line or goes to another topic. I know some make comments that sting a little, but if that was all I had to worry about, I'd go Nuckin_____s. I'm hopping off the soap box now, if I continue on, I may wind too tight. T D

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks