poison bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlemania

Reaction score
I have an old lab bottle. The kind with the ground glass stopper. It is not embossed. It has a couple of different paper labels on it. There are hand written instructions on the label. The other label is just a couple of skull and crossbones (really good ones) and says, "VENENO." On the back of the vile is another old sticker of the "lick and stick" variety. It's a slightly different skull and crossbones. It also has small crosses on either side of the skull. It also says VENENO. The label also says Antigua Drougueria De La Palma. It's awesome. I'll post pics as soon as I can make some room on my mem. card. I can't tell what the contents are. Do you guys still consider this a poison? Also, is "Vapo-Cresoline" considered a poison?

Paul

Jim

Reaction score
Hi Paul, The Vapo-Cresolene is a poison. KS-14 in Kuhn's book. ~Jim

bottlemania

Reaction score
Here is that poison bottle I was talking about. I got a cool Vapo Cresoline with the wrapper on it too. Thanks everyone for the comments. They are very helpful.

Paul

20AF0501E2C24BA29C18EC18A576BC96.jpg

Attachments

• 20AF0501E2C24BA29C18EC18A576BC96.jpg
    20AF0501E2C24BA29C18EC18A576BC96.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 88

bottlemania

Reaction score
At the moment, no. I'm new to bottle collecting and these are a couple of my favs. I seem to gravitate toward old medicine/apothecary bottles. The Vapo-Cresoline is ABM anyway. I only paid about 3 bucks for it. It's not the spectacular cobalt blue older one. I have no idea what something like this "VENENO" bottle is even worth. Thanks for the interest. Do you have any idea what a "fair" price for a 4" green, vertical rib, 6 sided, "Not To Be Taken" bottle is worth? A guy near me has one he's selling for 10 bucks. Seemed so low on the price that I thought maybe they weren't valuable for some reason.

Paul

bottlemania

Reaction score
Actually, that green "Not To Be Taken" bottle was closer to 5" now that I think about it.

Paul

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1