POLL: What type of 'bottle person' are you?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

gallienus267

Reaction score
Although I do not do this anymore I did all my hunting in the water (scuba) I have found many in lakes but my best hunting was in rivers.

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
1. 1925-1970 Soda bottles only

2. California only

3. Small towns only

Where's my poll option? [;)]

PA Will

Reaction score

Been picking CarlislePA soda/beer bottles from shops n flea mkts for about 6 yrs now. Just recently I've been getting some research n historical info about these bottles from my town.
Very glad I found this forum.

Will

Gromit0299

Reaction score
I chose #3 mostly. While it wouldbe cool to own a rare or valuable bottle, it's not really my prime motive for collecting. I think my big goal would be to own a target ball, and it's a bucket list item (above that a 1965 Gottlieb Buckaroo pinball machine), but if I never get one, it won't be a regret (the pinball machine on the other hand). #7 has been a nice perk. It's nice to talk to other nerdy types (I think we all tried to avoid that stigma in our teens, but now, I could care less, I probably don't look like the nerdy type, but I am and I'm cool with it) who love history and old things, and the excitement of their finds, however they find them.

Since buying our house in a town that was built on railroad $$, I've found the history of it fascinating, and living close to Valley Forge also spurns that love of history, even though I paid no attention to it in school, I love it now. Also, having a house has made me love being dirty. Digging in the garden, or doing a home project. It's frustrating to not have the (4 and a 2 year-old) time to get out and dig along a creek somewhere as often as I'd like.

VTdigger

Reaction score
I also collect, Fenton and other hand blown art glass, Depression glass, pottery items,my newest bottle related interest is Ezra brooks and other bottles bottles depicting different figural bottles. I collect anything old/hand made but mainly glass since it's easyest to find.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229