Prevent Poison Ivy Rash?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
If you have touched poison ivy, scurry home and strip naked.. don't touch anything without a disposable barrier such as a paper towel between your hand and the object you want to touch.. put all the clothes you were wearing into a contractor grade plastic bag and seal tightly with polyester twine and put out on the curb or a dumpster.. then have a really long, soapy shower, lots of suds.. scrub vigorously with a loofa or at least a scotchbrite pad until it begins to hurt.. rinse and repeat.. then you should be OK. Works for me every time!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I never got poison ivy in my life.I could make a salad out of the stuff.
Watch I just said that and I'll brake out in a head to toe rash tomorrow [8D]

CrewelaDeVil

Reaction score
My method of getting rid of poison ivy is a shot from the dr and massive amounts of prescribed creams. Not into it but it is something I deal with every summer and I'd rather go this route than a hospital.

towhead

Reaction score
Wow, can you still get Fels Naptha ?? I remember that from the 60's!

-Julie

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

If you have touched poison ivy, scurry home and strip naked.. don't touch anything without a disposable barrier such as a paper towel between your hand and the object you want to touch.. put all the clothes you were wearing into a contractor grade plastic bag and seal tightly with polyester twine and put out on the curb or a dumpster.. then have a really long, soapy shower, lots of suds.. scrub vigorously with a loofa or at least a scotchbrite pad until it begins to hurt.. rinse and repeat.. then you should be OK. Works for me every time!
CHARLIE YOU RUN OUT TO THE CURB NAKED WITH THE BAG?[:D][:D] YOU KNOW OF ALL PATENT MEDS. I CAN'T REMEMBER ONE FOR POISON OAK OR IVY. NOW BACK IN THE 50S-60S IT WAS CALAMINE LOTION. GUESS IT IS STILL AROUND. NEVER SEEMED TO DO MUCH GOOD TO ME. A SONG WAS EVEN WRITTEN BOUT IT CALLED "POISON IVY" ONE LINE WENT "GONNA TAKE AN OCEAN OF CALAMINE LOTION". HAD A FRIEND THAT IT DID NOT BOTHER TILL ONE NIGHT HE PUT SOME ON THE CAMP FIRE AND THE SMOKE BLEW HIS WAY! YEP IT CAN GET YOU THAT WAY TO.MY EX-WIFE AND HER NEWLY WED HUBBY WENT ON A CAMPING TRIP AND SHE WENT INTO THE WOODS TO USE THE RESTROOM .SHE DID NOT KNOW TILL LATER SHE HAD SQUATED OVER POISON IVY! STILL BRINGS A SMILE TO MY FACE!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RED Matthews
put the juice of the balsam plant stem on it.

I think that's what I call Jewel Weed. I've used this when I've touched stinging nettles and it took the itch away (just decided to try it since my leg was burning & I was surrounded by Jewelweed, which I know is harmless)... I've always heard to put this on poison ivy, but I have to admit, I know Tecnu works and I'm not willing to try a natural remedy when I have a bottle of Tecnu at home ready to use. I never used to get it until recently and I still probably don't get it too badly, but better safe than sorry! 5 tiny spots makes me miserable for a week.[8|]
Don't want this to happen to me:
http://www.poison-ivy.org/rash/index2.htm
(Charlie - I've posted that site just for you!)

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I found out you can get even in winter, if you mess around with the branches and roots..

athometoo

Reaction score
I WOULD GET A NEW CASE OF IT EVERY WEEK THIS LAST WINTER . NOW THAT ITS WARMER I CAN LITERALLY WADE THOUGH WAIST DEEP WITHOUT ANY EFFECT . TRIED WEARING DISPOSABLE TYVECK SLEEVES , THATS MISERABLE . DONT MAKE SENSE BUT WINTER IS THE WORST . I DO TRY TO LIMIT MY EXPLORING TO TWO OR THREE HOURS (CREEKS) AND THEN A COLD SHOWER RIGHT WHEN I GET HOME . WORKS FOR ME . GOOD LUCK . I WAS REMINDED OF A SAYING , LEAVES OF THREE LET IT BE .

DBEA27C2C6664080BBC2BDD23C475444.jpg

Attachments

• DBEA27C2C6664080BBC2BDD23C475444.jpg
    DBEA27C2C6664080BBC2BDD23C475444.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 91

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Im Also immune to the ivy rick..cant say so much for the sun though

Ladies and gentleman boys and girls step right up and try Doc Johnsons Soothing Ivy immolator

contains irish blood

towhead

Reaction score
Great responses everyone! GLASS MAN, your latest response certainly rocked! "hee hee"[:D] (I think most of us have a little of the "hee hee" or maybe "ha ha" [;)] in us).

-Julie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday