Price's Patent Candle Co.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
Thanks Ron.[&:]

Hey Chris, you can get some salve for them boyyles and replace them with Bottles.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Hi Grim... not with the cork and foil still on them. I think that speaks for itself. However, if you can tell me how a bottle with it's cork and foil still on it could possibly have been refilled with a foreign substance, I would greatly appreciate it. In the meantime, I'll take another pill for my high-strungedness!

John.

Bluegrass

Reaction score
I finally found a pic of a Price's with a label. This ought to put the record straight.

Lj22741.jpg

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Lol...just trying to show that I'm not all that serious!

deepbluedigger

Reaction score
Sorry - I had no intention to wind anybody up! I was just posting info that is taken pretty much for granted in the UK about these bottles, but which I thought from the previous postings was not widely known in the States.[8|]
On the subject of refilling, I have a labelled Prices bottle in my own collection. It's an English bottle with improved / iron pontil, but with the American label shown here stuck to the back! Shows just how re-cycled this kind of container was, way back when.
DBD

Xv65742.jpg

Attachments

• Xv65742.jpg
    Xv65742.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 63

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I found a med bottle which lists glycerine and paraffin as active ingerdients. I states it as a salve for all boyyles.
Sorry I couldn't resist. Here is a legit sort of crossover bottle I found though. It's a med and cosmetic.
http://cgi.ebay.com/FULL-LABEL-MENTHOLATED-COLOGNE-FOR-HEADACHES-BOTTLE_W0QQitemZ6251651783QQcategoryZ895QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583