Price's Patent Candle Co.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
Why we ever started arguing about what single product was in the bottle, I'll never know. Now we can all be shiny, happy people

As far as I know, no one was arguing for a single product... The original question (mine) was why the bottles were listed under medicine... That these bottles were used for a variety of products, I think, was assumed...

A lot of these replies seem to have an edge to them... I think delving into these questions about bottles and what they might have contained is a valid exercize, but we should all, perhaps, take ourselves a little bit less seriously...

Ron

PS...Thanks, Jerry, for that great info!!!

Bluegrass

Reaction score
I just can't help it! I'm a very, very serious kind of guy. But I'm with you there. I know enough about glycerin now to start my own manufacturing plant. I'm going to put it in 2oz, 4oz, 6oz, and ( jumbo) 20oz wedge shaped, cobalt blue bottles. [:)]

Bluegrass

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bearswede

Why we ever started arguing about what single product was in the bottle, I'll never know. Now we can all be shiny, happy people

As far as I know, no one was arguing for a single product... The original question (mine) was why the bottles were listed under medicine... That these bottles were used for a variety of products, I think, was assumed...

A lot of these replies seem to have an edge to them... I think delving into these questions about bottles and what they might have contained is a valid exercize, but we should all, perhaps, take ourselves a little bit less seriously...

Ron

PS...Thanks, Jerry, for that great info!!!

grimdigger1

Reaction score
Whilst digging tips we find all sorts of bottles that were used for purposes other than what they were made for
Lots of stoppered beers sodas are dug containing ,paint ,linseed oil , other oils ,creosote and even parrafin ,
People did and still do use bottles and jars for storage Jam jars are often used for paint etc
Just because your bottle contained parrafin / wax when dug doesnt mean it was the original contents ,[8|][8|][8|]

capsoda

Reaction score
I agree with Ron and David. Most people are just trying to be helpful in stating what they find or know and it's referances. If you don't agree gust say I don't agree and state your cause. No need to be all high strung about it.

Hey Ron , At least you know glycerin is one product that was put in them by the manufacturer.

bearswede

Reaction score
Thanks, Warren...

And for the record, up until a few years ago we had a bottle of glycerine hanging around the house that was about quart-size and which had been purchased at the drug store...

Anyway, I'm trying to find out more about the Price's that's on ebay now... Might just take a shot at that one...

Ron

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hey John,

Heres a picture of the Davis and miller wedge. Its shaped like the prices and is about the same size. this is the large size there is also a unique smaller size. I don't have pics of the other american wedge bottles but they are listed in greer. He had almost everything. My large davis and miller wedge is ex greer collection.

Ge96797.jpg

Attachments

• Ge96797.jpg
    Ge96797.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Ge96797.jpg
    Ge96797.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 74

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics