Privy or no?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ironmountain

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to be digging that hole and following the ravines next time I get up there...will hopefully get up there before xmas and be able to spend 3-4days digging and exploring..one of the ravines (looks more like a dried streambed) "empties" into a swampy/very dense pine stand...the privy at the old house can wait for now...the ceiling and walls are still up so it won't be covered in 10' of snow..just rockhard... will definitely pull some pics next time i get up there.

ironmountain

Reaction score
got back up to the 1/2 house hole this past weekend. Only 6" or so of snow on the ground, so wasn't too bad walking. (I've had to walk through waist deep snow down some of the logging roads). figured it'd be easy firm digging so I didn't bring anything to bail with. (the weather had been pretty bitter). I should have brought some buckets. The hole was mucky and watery. scrounged around the yard and found an old roasting pan. Pretty worthless for bailing so I planted it upside down in the hole and dug a deep hole for the water to fill.

Found a few 40's sodas (mattson's and kik's )and shards within the first foot of clearing out the muck. could feel less gelatinous soil 2-3' down. Wanted to see how deep the hole was. put my spade against the wall and sunk it to my hand...still no bottom but the wall was still there that far down...Hopefully a good sign...

here's a pic of what I walked into.. this was taken after clearing some of the muck out..

69B89A0280BC478EAC39A3D006E3694A.jpg

Attachments

• 69B89A0280BC478EAC39A3D006E3694A.jpg
    69B89A0280BC478EAC39A3D006E3694A.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member