repaired bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
it happens out in Vegas, and it happens in Moline.
ORIGINAL: BRIAN S.Hey SC !Here's a link to an ebay auction of a Labeled
Walker's V.B. if you would like to see what the label looked like. ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=890&item=6146077813&rd=1
Brian
Hi Brian! Thanks much for the link! (Gee, they sure didn't want it to get away did they?That bottle was wrapped up from head to toe!)
I never would have guessed it's look and what the "V.B." designated, there is a lot of good help here, Thank-You
(Sorry it took so long to get back to this post, I've been the lazy grasshopper that fiddled all summer while the ants prepared for winter!
Hope you are in a warm place![:)]

s.c.

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hey heres a pic of a blue cole ten pin soda that was missing nost of the neck and all of the lip when i dug it. I used colored resin to rebuild the missing parts. It was a tough job but i'm pleased with the results. i took a picture of it next to a mint cole ten pin from my collection. The bottle on the right is the repaired example.

Chris

Jh15181.jpg

Attachments

• Jh15181.jpg
    Jh15181.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 113

bearswede

Reaction score
That's a GREAT job, Chris!!!

What did you use as a mold, or was it all done free-hand?

Ron

Bottleman

Reaction score
This is to bearswede… I just went out and bought the casting resin that you were talking about and am excited to try it out on some bottle. I am going to start with a common aqua Philadelphia squat I have here. Before I just start mixing colors I wanted to ask you what to mix to get a aqua color, like the color of your Shaker Extract Valarian. I would guess to add just a bit of blue but how did you get yours?

Thanks, Tom

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey, Tom...

It's been awhile since I did the aqua, but I think I added one to three drops of blue and then maybe a drop of yellow... Play around with it using small amounts of resin until your color matches the bottle...

Let us know how it works out w/pics...

Ron

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey, S.C.

There's a Walker's V.B. for auction on American Bottle Auctions...Presently at $30... Ends tomorrow night...

Yw69010.jpg

Attachments

• Yw69010.jpg
    Yw69010.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 116

Bottleman

Reaction score
Hi bearswede. That’s a really nice bottle that’s up for auction! I recently bought that casting resin and tried it out for the first time last week on a damaged medicine. I let it sit over night and in the morning I took the mold that I formed around it and when I touched it, it was still a bit soft. I could have let it sit longer but it didn’t fill the hole chip so I just took it all off while I still could. How long does it usually take to set? Hours? Days? Maybe I got the mixture wrong.

~~Tom

bearswede

Reaction score
Tom...

Days... You really need to be patient...believe me, I know... I'm always getting my little paw prints all over my repairs...and having to do them all over again...

patience, patience, patience...

Ron

Bottleman

Reaction score
Hi bearswede, as I told you before I bought the casting resin and I have tried it out a few times now with no luck. After it dries I will give it a little tug and the repair will come right off. It just doesn’t want to stick the glass. Have you ever had this problem before? Well, maybe its just because I used it to fill in flake chips on the sides of bottles and not chips where it could attach very well to sharp corners.

~~Tom

bearswede

Reaction score
Actually Tom, I've not had that problem... Did you follow the directions for adding the hardening drops?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75