revisiting my collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

476 Enterprises

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to this forum, so please bear with me.
Back in the 80's I went to yardsales and picked up various (read: cheap!) things that I deperately needed. I promptly boxed them up & forgot about them for almost 30 years. Some of these things were bottles. Maybe someone out there can tell me if I found the Hope diamond of bottle collecting.

The first is a brownish-green bottle approx 10" tall. The bottom has a 2 inch "kick-up/indent" - it's for sediment, right? Obviously handblown - bubbles & wavy marks. There's also a pattern of tiny indents around the bottle. There is no seam. There are no words on the bottle. Condition =No cracks, dings, etc.

I'll try to upload a picture, but if it doesn't work, then maybe my description will be enough for someone out there to tell me it's age and value.

Thanks, Frankie

Pettydigger

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum 476, sound like you are describing a wine or ale bottle made around 1900 give or take 20 years. Spun in mold which erased the mold seems. A pic would be nice but I think I know what you have, value is not much on those kinda bottles maybe $10 if your lucky. They are nice looking bottles for the window though. Have a good one. Josh

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter