Rockbridge Alum Water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jhamner

Reaction score
I found this bottle at auction today. I was pleased to get it since I once owned one, sold it, and have regretted it ever since. When I got home and examined the bottle closely, I noticed that there is a pronounced space between the "ROCK" and "BRIDGE, as if it were two words instead of one. I haven't seen many of these bottles, but I have never seen this variation. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this ROCKBRIDGE spaced apart as it is. I would also be VERY interested to know if this is a common variation or possibly (I hope!) a rare one. If you could help me, I would surely appreciate it and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• B94BC2D8861B49BA96DBEEC61738A4BE.jpg
    B94BC2D8861B49BA96DBEEC61738A4BE.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 162

jhamner

Reaction score
WOW!--That's the one....word separation and all! Thanks so much, epackage--You told me in a minute what I've spent the last several hours looking for!--THANKS AGAIN!!!

texasdigger

Reaction score
I just sold a pair of these recently, and I know I priced them too cheap. It was for a fellow collector so I did not feel bad about it. I did it on purpose. I think retail is about 500 to 600 on these bottles. If it were pontiled though look out.

Brad

jhamner

Reaction score
Thanks, sandchip! Sorry I took so long--been out of town.
ORIGINAL: sandchip

You done good. Great looking bottle.

jhamner

Reaction score
Thanks for the info., Brad--much appreciated!
ORIGINAL: texasdigger

I just sold a pair of these recently, and I know I priced them too cheap. It was for a fellow collector so I did not feel bad about it. I did it on purpose. I think retail is about 500 to 600 on these bottles. If it were pontiled though look out.

Brad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem