ROYAL CROWN COLA BOTTLE / GLENSHAW GLASS CO.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
One more question before I call it a day ...

I wonder why the third bottle I posted in my opening comments (the clear one) has a flat pyramid with a star but also has the same 1360 style number as the other two bottles? Even though all three are Glenshaw bottles, you would think the one with the flat-pyramid-star would have a different style number? I would also like to know what the lip code is?

Hmm ... I wonder. ;)

Bob

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
This Tom Tucker paper label bottle is currently on eBay. Notice it was made by the Glenshaw Glass Co. Also notice that it's from Pittsburgh - which is the same bottler I posted a 1937 ad for (Post #7). I already contacted the seller and asked them to check for a lip code and a photo if possible. It says they will be gone until the 18th of August but I will let you know when I hear from them. I thought it would be interesting to see when it was made. I might bid on it but I haven't decided yet. Based on my searches these paper label examples are extremely rare. If anyone else wants it go ahead and place a bid. My interest is primarily for research purposes and I wouldn't pay more than the opening price anyway.

Bob

Tom Tucker Bottle Pittsburgh eBay August 2023.jpg

Tom Tucker Bottle Pittsburgh eBay Aug 2023 Base.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
Here's my 1937 bottle. It was made by the Owens Illinois Glass Co. at their Plant No. 9 in Streator, Illinois. It's not in mint condition but it will do. It took me several years to find one in decent shape. I was on vacation a few years ago when I stumbled into a junk shop and the owner had a whole bunch of them. But this was the only 1937 in the lot. I paid $5.00 for it. It has a debossed pyramid with a star and a lot of other cool features. It's embossed on the heel with "Property of Nehi Bottling Co. - but it's mine now and I ain't giving it back!

Bob

RC OI Bottle 1937 Front.JPG
RC OI Bottle 1937 Back.JPG
RC OI Bottle 1937 Base.JPG
Owens Illinois c1939.jpg

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
West Point, Georgia - July 2, 1936

RC 1936_The_West_Point_News_Thu__Jul_2__1936_.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
Another 1936 - there are dozens of them. The pointed pyramid doesn't always copy very well in newsprint but you can clearly see it in this one above and below the neck paper label.

(September 6, 1936)

RC 1936_The_News_and_Observer_Sun__Sep_6__1936_.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
I'm still looking for a 1935 or 1936 bottle.There's just gotta be some out there somewhere. I'm almost to the 'point' where I don't care what the Glenshaw codes say. More and more I'm leaning toward the possibility that my bottle and others like it were made in 1935 or 1936. (Maybe?)

Bob

Claims Use Since September 1, 1935

RC Nehi Trademark 1935 (Cropped).jpeg
RC Bottle Glenshaw GI Front.JPG

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
I bought another bottle this morning - but it's not a Royal Crown Cola bottle. It's a 12 Oz. Par-T-Pak bottle - which was a another Nehi product that was first introduced in 1931-32. Even though it's in terrible condition I bought it for research purposes because it was made by the Glenshaw Glass Co. I don't know what the lip code is yet but will when it arrives. As you will see it has what I call a "ghost" ACL that is barely visible. But that's ok because I'm only interested in the lip code and anticipating either a GH or a GI. If it has a solo-G I will be elated because it will be the first I have seen and will change things dramatically. Although I seriously doubt it will have a solo-G on the lip. The main thing is that it's a Glenshaw ACL. To give you some idea of what it looked like originally I found an example in better shape - although I do not know who made that one or when. What I find especially interesting is that the early Par-T-Pak ACL bottles are very similar to the early Royal Crown Cola ACL bottles. They even have the same red and yellow color scheme. I'm honestly not sure which of the two bottles came first and/or if one might have influenced the other. I'm not sure yet but the early Pat-T-Pak bottles may also have a debossed shoulder emblem. I will let you know what I discover about it after it arrives.

Bob

Attachments 1 and 2 = My Par-T-Pak bottle
Attachments 3 thru 5 = Similar bottle for comparison
Attachment 6 = My 1937 Royal Crown ACL for comparison

(Notice that the embossed part of the Par-T-Pak bottle also has a star)

Attachments

• Par-T-Pack Glenshaw Nehi Bottle.jpg
    Par-T-Pack Glenshaw Nehi Bottle.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Par-T-Pak Glenshaw Nehi Bottle Base.jpg
    Par-T-Pak Glenshaw Nehi Bottle Base.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 58
  • Par-T-Pak Bottle.jpg
    Par-T-Pak Bottle.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 58
  • Par-T-Pak Bottle Label.jpg
    Par-T-Pak Bottle Label.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Par-T-Pak Bottle Cropped.jpg
    Par-T-Pak Bottle Cropped.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 53
  • RC OI Bottle 1937 Front.JPG
    RC OI Bottle 1937 Front.JPG
    821.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

cheromike

Reaction score

I wonder why the third bottle I posted in my opening comments (the clear one) has a flat pyramid with a star but also has the same 1360 style number as the other two bottles? Even though all three are Glenshaw bottles, you would think the one with the flat-pyramid-star would have a different style number? I would also like to know what the lip code is?

Hmm ... I wonder. ;)

Bob

cheromike

Reaction score

Hmm ... I wonder. ;)

Bob

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26