SANBORN MAPS FROM EDRNET

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
ok, i figured out how to get sanborn maps from EDRNET.COM ...

you call, they set you up with an account free of charge.

you get a user name and password. you seach their database of Sanborn maps, which they claim to have the copyrights of...THATS WHAT I GOT OUT OF IT.

its $55 per search and it comes to a total of $135 for the maps and the search.

does anyone think these prices are high? the lady i talked to said you usally get the sanborns for a city block or two depending on the area.

anyone can set up an account...it just seems a little odd to me.

Matt.

Marko

Reaction score
That does seem high. From what their website says, some of the maps id dumps, privys, cisterns etc. I guess it would be worth it if your area had a lot of these marked on it.

JGUIS mentioned something about them in another post. Might do a search and IM him. I left a response for him on the post, but have not heard anything back yet.

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Sounds kind of fishy to me. The Ohio Sanborn maps are listed on the Ohio database research site and they're free.

atdadump

Reaction score
Matt

I have access to Sanborn Maps from Pennsylvania "where they were available"
I spent hours downloading these for someone here in the bottle groups from around Phila . I believe his name was Chris.. The earliest maps were dated 1916 and there's about 300 maps for each of about six volumes. It most likely wouldn't be of very much help for you since the date is so far past the 1900's. If there are older maps I have no knowledge of them. These maps are sometimes loaned from other libraries. The ones I downloaded are on micro film.

Atdadump

Bottleman

Reaction score
Those prices do seem too high. I get mine for free at the Penn State library in State College, PA. They are on microfilms though so it gets confusing reeling through each slide and trying to see what part of town you are looking at. The earliest I have printed was from the 1870s but my friend got one from the 1860s of his town. From the sounds of it, there are many different places you can find these maps.

~~Tom

capsoda

Reaction score
Not really all that high. If you check with the Sanborn Map Co. Inc you will find that $135 is a bargan.

Some historical societies and city halls have them for real cheap. if you went to colledge you can borrow copies through the library.

JGUIS

Reaction score
I go through OPLIN (Ohio Public Library somethin', somethin') All you need is a library card. I would check it for your state.

atdadump

Reaction score
Hi Bottleman

Whats the earliest date you can find from Phila. I'm curious to see if the maps are different. I got mine from Kutztown EDU

Bottleman

Reaction score
Atdadump, next time I go up there I will check for you. I am not sure when that will be but I will make a note to myself so I don’t forget.

~~Tom

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL