Seal Bottle Black Glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Semar

Reaction score
This is a beautiful black glass onion bottle with an embossed seal that says on the seal E-II-R, below that the dates are 1947-1972. pushed up bottom and applied lip; I don't see a mold line on the body, but there are tooling marks and a sheared lip. I think maybe this one blurs the line of reproduction because there was only one run of this bottle.

Anyway pictures :

Attachments

• DSCF0629.jpg
    DSCF0629.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF0630.jpg
    DSCF0630.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF0631.jpg
    DSCF0631.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Roy

Reaction score
This is a beautiful black glass onion bottle with an embossed seal that says on the seal E-II R, below that the dates are 1947-1972. pushed up bottom and applied lip; I don't see a mold line on the body, but there are tooling marks and a sheared lip. I think maybe this one blurs the line of reproduction because there was only one run of this bottle.

Anyway pictures :
That's an interesting one! Roy

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
What was the story behind this one? Interesting that it was made for the queen's wedding anniversary, I always see souvenir items made for the anniversaries of coronations and for royal weddings, but I don't remember seeing something commemorating a royal wedding anniversary. Was it ever intended to contain anything?

Semar

Reaction score
Guys, I have no idea about the particulars of this piece. They must have made more than just one; maybe someone who is more knowledgeable about the doings of the royal family might know something about it. It seems it is a commerative item and dear queen Bess didn't take the throne in 1947; it was in 1953.

I was dragged to the Exeter Theater in Boston to watch a film of her coronation. I think I was about 7- 8 years old at the time. I found it very tedious watching this for what seemed like an eternity.
I picked this up at a yard sale or a dealers' cooperative shop; maybe a flee market probably 30 odd years ago.

Think I figured it out; you were right Lizzie was married in 1947 so this would have been her 25th anniversary commerative.
I've never seen another one, but then again I haven't been actively looking. I don't think it ever held contents.
I might fill it with good West Indies rum!

Last edited:

TROG

Reaction score
I had one of these here in South Australia that is now owned by my brother

Semar

Reaction score
You gotta figure there would be a better chance of finding one of these in either OZ or Canada. :)
You have no knowledge of the maker or glass house that made these?
Thanks for chiming in!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen