show us your food bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

appliedlips

Reaction score
Sorry for the overload of pics,but I am very passionate about these bottles and wanted to share.I have truly been blessed to have dug so many fine bottles from my favorite category over the years.I hope it continues,but even if it doesn't the fun is in the hunt.If anyone has any embossed Cathedral sauces or cathedral sauces in color I would be interested in trading for,or purchasing them.I am not looking for bargains and will gladly pay top dollar,there are not many out there and even less available for purchase.Thanks and I hope you guys enjoy,Doug

appliedlips

Reaction score
Great Heinz bottle,hadn't seen that one before!Great history also.Thanks for sharing

appliedlips

Reaction score
Great bunker hill's Annie.I don't know if I like them or your Saratoga's better.Thanks for sharing the great pics.Doug

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
wOw!! Some killer food bottles Doug some of the best ive seen..I hardly ever dig Pickels or peppers , I think the people drank xxx there meals around here back then hahaha Rick

stinger haut

Reaction score
Those are some of the most popular, rarest and most sought after cathedral sauces and pickle bottles.
Any cathedral sauces that are embossed or any other color than aqua are worth a lot of money. The Shrivers is also one of the most sought after embossed sauces around.
Excellent finds, many diggers have dug for years and haven't ever dug a quarter of what you have.
Great bottles and pictures. Thank you for sharing those beautiful finds of yours.
Stinger

stinger haut

Reaction score
Hey Lobey,
Don't you dare not post your bottles. Any bottle is that you have is worth posting.
Stinger

appliedlips

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Rick,Tony,Stinger.Lobes,trust me I have a pile of durkees,ketchups and unembossed mustards out in the garage also.Just had a little luck with me on a few occasions.There are alot of common sauces and others I never dig,it is very weird..Please post your finds for us to see,you always seem to have some good stuff to show.Doug

LC

Reaction score
Well, I am sort of with Lobes on this one. After seeing these bottles, I am reluctant to try and post any of my mediocre stuff. But what the heck, I am pretty toughed skinned, and maybe someone could use a laugh this evening ! Here is a mustard jar I like really well, not sure how old it is , but it is different from most you find. This jar has an embossed Eagle on the front of the jar, embossed Giessen's Union Mustard on the back side. Looks to have an applied ring top. Stands 5" tall

7EC9F0F36EB749E489FA440C1A374E0B.jpg

Attachments

• 7EC9F0F36EB749E489FA440C1A374E0B.jpg
    7EC9F0F36EB749E489FA440C1A374E0B.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 42

annie44

Reaction score
Doug,
Thanks so much for posting pictures of your incredible bottles! My favorite is the one embossed St. Louis - Both of my parents and I were born in Missouri, so the Missouri bottles always catch my eye! I also love an iron pontil!
Cindy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers