SHOW YOUR FAVORITE HUTCH!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
A Very Rare Michigan Hutch I picked up recently. LEON.

Attachments

• f86698a8a1d0460aba565c553d8fe3fe.jpg
    f86698a8a1d0460aba565c553d8fe3fe.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 95

hemihampton

Reaction score
After light Tumble. LEON.

Attachments

• d7298c518d2f4a469f87d49cc8e55d8a.jpg
    d7298c518d2f4a469f87d49cc8e55d8a.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 99

hemihampton

Reaction score
Another New Addition. Dug this one recently & upgraded my broken top one. LEON.

Attachments

• a089b276aa2e4edcba5109fcea8c5c1c.jpg
    a089b276aa2e4edcba5109fcea8c5c1c.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 102

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Very nice, Leon. I just discovered two unlisted-- as in brand, as there were a few unlisted shades of one-- Muskegon Hutches today. I'm standing there, staring and asking to pick them up to verify that they were Hutches. They were.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I am going to photograph the collection of the man with the Hutches-- in about 15 hours.I'm not going to photograph it all... way too extensive, and there are photographs of many already out there.... but I'll include those ones and other unphotographed ones.He has so many that I've never heard of.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Leon, Muskegon hutches: http://hutchbook.com/Bottle%20Directory/HutchSearchResults.aspx?Primary_Name=&Manufacturer=&City=Muskegon&Color=&County=&Mold_Type=&State=MI&Plate_Type=&Territory=&Pictures=&Region=&Start_Height=&End_Height=&Country=United+States&Start_Width=&End_Width=&Bottle_Number=&Start_Marked_Year=&End_Marked_Year=&Sub_Categories=&Shape=&All_Embossing=&Rarity=&Front_Embossing=&Added=&Back_Embossing=&Updated=&Base_Embossing=&Comments=&Find_Hutches=Find+Hutchinsons&Source=Attributes Here are a few bottles to show:
Muskegon%2BCollection%2B075.JPG
Not even listed as having a Hutch. In case you couldn't see the stopper... The base is embossed with the glassmaker.
Muskegon%2BCollection%2B078.JPG
Green-tint not even listed as variation of color. Aqua-blue is listed.
Muskegon%2BCollection%2B080.JPG
And, Leon: Please tell Ron Fowler this from Robert:"I told you that I had evidence of my own to support that it never took a Hutch spring-stopper. I have no idea what made you go so cruel other than the possibility that your information was not correct, so here is evidence to support that my evidence was correct: An A. Luders & Co. "Hutch" from Muskegon with original bail. Where is your spring-stopper now? I will await an apology from you for your very unkind words. If I don't get one, you're definitely not a real man."Also send him the link and pic above which is on the "Hutch" in question. Now maybe we can have it removed from his list. Even my local museum with its several examples didn't have one with a spring-stopper. This man has a few of this bottle. I don't know why, but it went from discussion (on email, on which he blocked me for telling him how I didn't appreciate his cruelties and how I hope that this isn't how he normally treats people) on different sizes of spring-stopper and that I...1. couldn't find one with a stopper,2. couldn't get a stopper to work in mine,3. couldn't find anyone with a hutch-stopper in their example... (thus also killing their "rarity" as I can locate around 11 examples) and he began insulting me heavily and being a complete and total jerk. I now think of him a Ron "Foul-mouth" Fowler. LOL. Yes, I am complaining, for I've kept silent far too long when truth should be known on people's real character. I had even given him a very good picture of one Hutch to put up on his site. I don't think I've told any collector except one local collector about Ron Fowler of Hutchbook and his being such an ****. Maybe 3 people before today had known? It's been months. Today I took 149 pictures of a few thousand local bottles. I didn't have time to do them well as I had much work to do with the owner. So pardon the glare and angled camera.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Wow Robert, No hutch type stopper, is it still a hutch??? I would think not, but it is the right shape. maybe a wannabe hutch[:)]......Good research work on this bottle!!.........Andy

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
He (Ron) told me that it was a "transition" style. But it looks to me more like a typical 1870s squat as is suggested by others I've talked to on my own example. If I recall, they're circa-1873. Didn't hutches come out a bit later-- circa-1878 or so? And the only rare one in the Muskegon list is the City Bottling one, as he (today's featured collector for Muskegon) seems to have only one of those as it is. His collection is so amazing that it overwhelmed me with numbers and quality. He has entire color-runs of thought-to-be-rare bottles:
Muskegon%2BCollection%2B056.JPG
Yes, my pictures suck-- about half from today did-- but I can fix that next time.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster