SHOW YOUR FAVORITE HUTCH!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I saw a Red Jacket one once and the name intrigued me. It still intrigues me. Thanks for posting them! :)

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
10 dollars up isn't bad. I got my bottle for 11, so... I'd pay that (once I get that fro baby-sitting) to get a Red Jacket bottle. The lady at the desk as well as a customer I know have bottles to sell, I'll come back next week to see others she might have, and the other lady is an antiques dealer/pawn broker who forced her number and name on me as well as potential bottle-digging locations. Kind of odd, but friendly--overly so. Heh heh. She wants I should look for pottery for her, to trade bottles for me.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Spirit Bear said:
I was just twice told this is a Hutch. I am so excited!
Your bottle is considered a HUTCHINSON, but it did not use the HUTCHINSON style stopper. Yours used the BALTIMORE LOOP SEAL for its closure. Many companies used this style bottle. Might have been more sanitary and easier to clean these bottles for reuse when they had the loop seal. Here is an example of my favorite hutch with the loop seal bottle closure.[attachment=florida05.jpg]LETTERING IS HIGHLIGHTED WITH WHITE AND IS NOT ORIGINAL TO THE BOTTLES

Attachments

• ad020ba4285e4a1b9549f14f53f6cbd3.jpg
    ad020ba4285e4a1b9549f14f53f6cbd3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 77

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
First of all, it is but it isn't a Hutch? How's that work out? Secondly, I love the image on that one!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Spirit Bear said:
... it is but it isn't a Hutch? How's that work out?
Just my personal opinion is that since the bottle does not use a HUTCHINSON closure to seal the bottle it is not a hutch. That closure design is the key element. The bottle body may be in the style of the other, but if there is a Loop Seal lip... in reality it is not a hutch. That is just my opinion and I will continue to call them hutch style bottles.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I'll call it a Baltimore Loop that's half Hutch. [8|] Thank you, though, for further clarification on what it is.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter