small brown ink bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
It kinda looks like this Carter's to me..... Taz

Ca81309.jpg

Attachments

• Ca81309.jpg
    Ca81309.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 65

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Mike, Glad to help spread the desease.[sm=lol.gif] If you don't watch out it'll git ya.

I'll be posting some pics of inks on the ink theard I picked up today at a show and two weeks ago from a buddy.

wfocatman

Reaction score
boy you guys aren't kidding.. everywhere i drove today i was lookin for places to dig bottles,, looking at empties on the side of the road..etc.. the library i went to today for some books even had some nice stuff on shelves, no relevant books, but some bottles lol.. why the heck am i thinking about this stuff night and day now?

as far as some of the bottles you were asking about here ot.. the terminology used is over my head so i have no idea what the hell your talking about.. this stuff is addicting i will admit..

wfocatman

Reaction score
ok,, heres a pic of the inks.. might have some more, actually the brown one in the beginning thread is in the cleaning process.. probably all my bottles could use tumbling, and i know they could use a professional cleaning. not to mention my photography skills are rather lacking.. from left to right...cclear ink with no embossing or lettering.. some funky bubbles in the lip..2:not a carters, but a sanford's with 027 on the bottom, some great air bubbles that you can even feel on the outside, and what looks like a crack, but must be on the inside.. hell, i'm not sure its even a crack. 3 is an amber biXby on the bottom. also has embossing on 1 side that reads , patented mch 6 83, seam does go to the top however. lastly is what appears to be an aqua carters-88 on the bottom..

this is kinda fun....

Wu61127.jpg

Attachments

• Wu61127.jpg
    Wu61127.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 66

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I dug a Bixbys, but it was aqua. the Brown varient is less common...nice addition to a collection for sure..I would guesstimate it @ $ 20-30 bucks...

I don't think you have the wide mouthed ink in that pic...the second from the left does not look like it to me..?

wfocatman

Reaction score
hey your right ot... its not the same one...no embossing on it, but a very circular swirl on the bottom with the # 1 in the middle.. has what appears a chip in the lip, but its not sharp,, rather smooth 2 seems to the lip some nice air bubbles.. give me a chance to scrub it a bit and i will post a pic.

wfocatman

Reaction score
heres a better pic of that ink.. does have 2 chips in the lip.. TAZ., what bottle was it you were asking about in the picture above? i will have to go back and look again.. i have about 5 boxes of bottles, so its kinda hard for me to remember whats what.. mike

Bz78912.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78912.jpg
    Bz78912.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 74

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
WFO the big brown bottles in the back row also the deep aqua to the far left, can we see them up closer? Thanks! Taz

Kh17699.jpg

Attachments

• Kh17699.jpg
    Kh17699.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members