Small whiskey style bottle with a syrup label

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hamco

Reaction score
hello all! here's a little bottle I found in a junk shop today - looks like an BIM applied lip? whiskey that may have been used to bottle maple syrup. The label looks to be the same period as the bottle and has a 1906 date on the bottom of the label. Any thoughts? I can't find anything on the company but haven't had much of a chance to really look yet. Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• IMG_1711.jpg
    IMG_1711.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1713.jpg
    IMG_1713.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1715.jpg
    IMG_1715.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 119

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Very cool! The label looks legit to me. The idea of each form of bottle being for a specific product was more of a suggestion than a rule, so this sort of thing isn't very uncommon.

Skoda

Reaction score
Very nice find, love the label graphics! Definitely BIM but it has a tooled lip as opposed to an applied one.

I did find a little information on the company, seems as though they got into some trouble with the FDA over their labeling. I'll link the full article below, but it appears that that syrup was cut 50/50 between maple and cane syrup, and the "and" in the product title was deemed misleadingly small.

logueb

Reaction score
Using bottles meant for one thing and used for a different product and label still happens today. Hand sanitizer was being put in quart size whiskey bottles I guess by some distillers (alcohol kills germs). I heard of a case where a bottle of whiskey was labeled as whiskey but was actually hand sanitizer.

Hamco

Reaction score
Very nice find, love the label graphics! Definitely BIM but it has a tooled lip as opposed to an applied one.

I did find a little information on the company, seems as though they got into some trouble with the FDA over their labeling. I'll link the full article below, but it appears that that syrup was cut 50/50 between maple and cane syrup, and the "and" in the product title was deemed misleadingly small.

Excellent info! My mistake on the lip - thanks for the correction and the link.

Hamco

Reaction score
Excellent info! My mistake on the lip - thanks for the correction and the link.
I guess they really caught the attention of the US gov. with the label. This bottle was found on the South Oregon Coast - I wonder if it was part of the seizure and sale?

Hamco

Reaction score
Using bottles meant for one thing and used for a different product and label still happens today. Hand sanitizer was being put in quart size whiskey bottles I guess by some distillers (alcohol kills germs). I heard of a case where a bottle of whiskey was labeled as whiskey but was actually hand sanitizer.
That would keep your mouth clean I guess!:p

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler