So fake it's not even funny...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexD

Reaction score
Oh my... Ahaha! Have you seen his affaire with the Amethyst bottles? It ended a few months ago. He, every week was selling these basic SS Cokes that pretty much just have the script and simple town. He was selling for some over $200 each![:-] I think he may have had some type of tanning bed or large UV cabinet he would put them in for a few days to get the rays to go through the MG inside the old bottles and turn them purple. He sold probably over 20 of them, some went as low as $40 though (Not often though!). Still that's nearly $3,000.[:-] He started all his listings with "EARLY RARE" on these ones. It's extremely funny however. Sites were saying not to buy purple bottles listed as "EARLY RARE" or "RARE" when you know they were talking about him! Try searching for it on eBay and looking under Completed Auctions, there may still be a few of them from there.

Here's one of the pages on him ([sm=lol.gif])
http://teampins.com/cokelistread.html I'm sorry, I just find it to be funny for some reason, even though it's awful [sm=lol.gif]

AlexD

Reaction score
By the way, is that picture you shared with all the bottles in a line one of E's pictures? I could be wrong but I might have seen him share a picture like that some time age. [8|]

Asterx

Reaction score
Haha, they certainly use him as an example of what not to buy, which means he's been at it for quite a while I'd say. Alex, if you scroll down to the bottom of his listing, the one you pointed out, you can report it for various reasons. If he noted that he was slapping labels on random soda bottles then I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it's pretty obvious with his description that he's scamming people, which is just nasty. Justice is only a click away! [:D]

AlexD

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll have to do that. I HAVE before pasted some labels and even filled some bottles because I think it makes some styles just look... better and original! But I have them as Reproduction in the description info. He also sells Arrowheads and similar items. And if you look at his sales in those, it's once again the same thing over and over [8D] Those however may be real, I don't know how easy it is to make stone-like items and make them look real too.

AlexD

Reaction score
$(KGrHqV,!nMFBkEtlQgiBQbi8JRCg!~~60_57.JPG

Ok check this out. I noticed a few things about the bottle and highlighted them. First of all (1), look at the top of the bottle in the original picture and the picture I uploaded below. There is a small "Line" at the top. I'm not sure what this is of what it does but it's there! Like a new aged beer bottle or soda he drilled off.

Second, look at the top right side of the label. There is a small dip in the cutting. I highlighted it going straight on the rest of the sides but there is this odd dip like it was moved when (he) cut it.

And lastly but maybe mot important, look a the bottom. This is just wrong. Look at the small even line on the bottom, where in some places glass is sticking out. This is NOT right. The real antiques from this age are very large on the bottom and the new ones are almost paper thin. It looks like a cut off the bottom to another bottle just like this and clued the bottom onto it. Sign...
[8D]
https://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/Horseshowchamp/KGrHqVnMFBkEtlQgiBQbi8JRCg60_57_zpsb934e6e4.jpg?t=1353026655

Asterx

Reaction score
I saw that about the label too Jim, good eye. Obviously hand-cut and not from the Coca-Coley Fac-to-rie. This guy/gal needs people to report him or else he'll just keep making thousands (like alex mentioned) by scamming people. He'll need more than just my report for eBay to do anything. This seller needs a reality check.

AlexD

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you can get eBay to fully see what's going on other than selling the same thing over though. Sending this post along to them in a personal contact of something may help too but I since I kind of doubt the people at eBay really know the full extent to the cutting of the label, filling of the bottom, aging, and how many lines are on the top. I'm sure they have to deal with thousands of things like this but it's kind of hard to tell. He has over 6000 feedback too and has been a member for years so I don't know if they'd do anything drastic.[:mad:] I'd say we should all report him, maybe some of us could send a message to eBay support or something? I really would hate to see anyone loose an account that's got so many feedback, however it must be awful for the people who've paid hundreds for his fakes thinking they're real! I would NOT be happy haha [8D] It just fools me to how many people spend so much money on these! I think if someone is good enough with bottles to really know what it is, it shouldn't take too much more to tell it's clearly not real. I don't really know, maybe some don't care they just like how it looks? But still!

AlexD

Reaction score
Here's an honest real bottle with the real label. I'm thinking about buying it. The wear is even, scratches at the top of the bottle going onto the label and whatnot. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-1915-Straight-Side-Coca-Cola-Bottle-with-Paper-Label-From-ROME-GA-/150944965599?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23250563df

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles