So what gives you the eebie-jeebies?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SC pontil collector

Reaction score
My dad was Haole/Hawaiian, mom was Japanese. Our O'hana is spread throughout the isalnds. Grew up in Lahaina, mainland when I was 12 , went back in 71 to O'ahu. My buddas and I surfed the North Shore a lot. Back and forth from mainalnd to the islands many times. Last lived in Hilo, surfed Honol'i'i, tomstones (a lot) Bay Front and Puna before it was eaten up.
My brother died about 5 years ago and his wife and I (we're like brudda & sista) decided to move back to the mainland. She does most of the posting on the website.
Hey, how about the blue kanapi? Smaller, but still pack a punch. You stay live in Hilo?
sc pontil collector

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SC pontil collector

My dad was Haole/Hawaiian, mom was Japanese. Our O'hana is spread throughout the isalnds. Grew up in Lahaina, mainland when I was 12 , went back in 71 to O'ahu. My buddas and I surfed the North Shore a lot. Back and forth from mainalnd to the islands many times. Last lived in Hilo, surfed Honol'i'i, tomstones (a lot) Bay Front and Puna before it was eaten up.
My brother died about 5 years ago and his wife and I (we're like brudda & sista) decided to move back to the mainland. She does most of the posting on the website.
Hey, how about the blue kanapi? Smaller, but still pack a punch. You stay live in Hilo?
sc pontil collector

Yes SC, I'm a third generation Portugee![:D] born and raised in Hilo. Moved around a bit myself after high school. Moved back in 91 and haven't left since.[:)]

Never was much of a surfer, but did a lot of fishing and diving. We used to go out past Honoli'i in a zodiac at night.. crazy! Caught over 85 sharks over the years and always released them back. You would never catch me in the water today![:D]

carobran

Reaction score
i saw a bottle at the flea market yeasterday from Hilo,Hawaii[;)]

SC pontil collector

Reaction score
I have had Tigers bump me out in the line up. Once, I was sitting next to a friend and he was bumped so hard he fell off his board.
Only once did a tiger come after us. It was a 10 ft plus day, I got driven down to the bottom pretty hard. I was wearing a wetsuit top because you know how cold the river water gets.
John, the lifeguard said that it was an easy 15ft Tiger. We all made it in. I took my wet suit off and then realized that I hard been cut and had been bleeding for awhile. Everyone was giving me stink eye!!!
Yeah, with as much digging going on in Hilo, I am not surprised you saw a Hilo bottle at the market.
sc pontil collector

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SC pontil collector

I have had Tigers bump me out in the line up. Once, I was sitting next to a friend and he was bumped so hard he fell off his board.
Only once did a tiger come after us. It was a 10 ft plus day, I got driven down to the bottom pretty hard. I was wearing a wetsuit top because you know how cold the river water gets.
John, the lifeguard said that it was an easy 15ft Tiger. We all made it in. I took my wet suit off and then realized that I hard been cut and had been bleeding for awhile. Everyone was giving me stink eye!!!
Yeah, with as much digging going on in Hilo, I am not surprised you saw a Hilo bottle at the market.
sc pontil collector

Wow! lucky times.[;)] Aumakua maybe.
I see Australia is getting some crazy attacks lately.

Hey carobran, what type of bottle?

carobran

Reaction score
it was a 20-30s soda...............the embosing was very weak..........not worn,the bottle was minty,but i could barely read it............ill take a better look next weekend[;)]

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: carobran

it was a 20-30s soda...............the embosing was very weak..........not worn,the bottle was minty,but i could barely read it............ill take a better look next weekend[;)]

May have been tumbled. Was it clear or green?

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

ORIGINAL: carobran

May have been tumbled. Was it clear or green?
i checked on the bottle,its a HILO SODA WORKS[:)]

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
These guys have popped out at me while digging and the first time had me jump about a foot backwards. Since then I don't mind em too much, but they sure aren't attractive critters........known as the Jerusalem Cricket.

Doug in Oakland

23AFAD7F43BC449E99D97DCB8D69A576.jpg

Attachments

• 23AFAD7F43BC449E99D97DCB8D69A576.jpg
    23AFAD7F43BC449E99D97DCB8D69A576.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 81

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member