So what gives you the eebie-jeebies?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Holy Crow that is ugly Reds. Lucky its not the size of a shark!

9695704141D94B45B74CC53B384BEF1F.jpg

Attachments

• 9695704141D94B45B74CC53B384BEF1F.jpg
    9695704141D94B45B74CC53B384BEF1F.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 89

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: glass man

What are "EEBIE-JEEBIES" and is it contagious??JAMIE

Its not eebie heebie. Jeebies"
Oh "HEEBIE" ..HEEBIE JEEBIES...like "THE SCREAMING HABDABS...I get those when I look in a mirror...some get them when they look at me...I have gotten them before when digging for bottles and look up to see a huge ground hog looking real mean at me and won't run or act afraid...I slowly moved away!!I still wonder if it had rabies,babies close by or if they are always that fearless?JAMIE

rockbot

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

What are "EEBIE-JEEBIES" and is it contagious??JAMIE

Its not eebie heebie. Jeebies"
Oh "HEEBIE" ..HEEBIE JEEBIES...like "THE SCREAMING HABDABS...I get those when I look in a mirror...some get them when they look at me...I have gotten them before when digging for bottles and look up to see a huge ground hog looking real mean at me and won't run or act afraid...I slowly moved away!!I still wonder if it had rabies,babies close by or if they are always that fearless?JAMIE

[:D][:D]

SC pontil collector

Reaction score
My chickens loved to eat centipedes. They knew exactly how to kill them. They hold down the head and rip off the the head and the two fangs that on are each side of the head. Good protein food for chickens.
I asked a biology professor at U of H what type of poison the centipedes had. She said that it is a neuro toxin.
We had them everywhere on the eastside and I grew up in Lahaina and they were plenty there as well.
Only got bit once, fever that night and swelling for a few days. Then about three weeks later the area of the bite became full of pus. Popped it open, clean it out and was o.k.
Sc pontil collector

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SC pontil collector

My chickens loved to eat centipedes. They knew exactly how to kill them. They hold down the head and rip off the the head and the two fangs that on are each side of the head. Good protein food for chickens.
I asked a biology professor at U of H what type of poison the centipedes had. She said that it is a neuro toxin.
We had them everywhere on the eastside and I grew up in Lahaina and they were plenty there as well.
Only got bit once, fever that night and swelling for a few days. Then about three weeks later the area of the bite became full of pus. Popped it open, clean it out and was o.k.
Sc pontil collector

Very interesting. Never knew you grew up out here, cool.[;)]

nydigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Hey Rocky,
Here's one of the centipedes we have. Certainly not dangerous but they are creepy.

Laur - Those camel spiders are amazing. Just one more thing the guys over there have to deal with. SC pontil collector... sounds like it gave you a staph infection

C9B10B80B933453A93014659F512A10D.jpg

House centipede that is. All centipedes are poisonous....their bite is like a bee sting...if your allergic to bees they can kill you

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: nydigger

ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Hey Rocky,
Here's one of the centipedes we have. Certainly not dangerous but they are creepy.

Laur - Those camel spiders are amazing. Just one more thing the guys over there have to deal with. SC pontil collector... sounds like it gave you a staph infection

C9B10B80B933453A93014659F512A10D.jpg

House centipede that is. All centipedes are poisonous....their bite is like a bee sting...if your allergic to bees they can kill you

Thanks for that info, NYdigger. I had no idea, but it's good to know as I am severely allergic to bees. Hopefully, I won't encounter either! I did have a lot of bees in my garden this year, buzzing around pollinating flowers on herbs and vegetables and none of them bothered me. I just had to be careful. They can be scary, but they're a great help to a gardener.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie