Some Nice New Goodies

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Here are some sweet new bottles I got today. First, the inks. Front row- Fancy one with silver metal; sheared-lip boat-shaped with pen rests; Carter's 1897 cone in emerald green (love those!) and an emerald green cylinder. Back row- Amber cylinder; squat square base-embossed Carter's, plain aqua cone and a Kwik Stik patent glue bottle with a working, original dispenser top.

Fc90411.jpg

Attachments

• Fc90411.jpg
    Fc90411.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 59

Jim

Reaction score
Here are some labeled medicines. Furst-McNess Pain Oil; Rawleigh's Lemon Extract and a pair of 1940s labeled druggists. One is half full of wintergreen oil, which still smells really good!

Hf98802.jpg

Attachments

• Hf98802.jpg
    Hf98802.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 55

Jim

Reaction score
Finally, some more medicines. A common Dr D. Jayne's; two embossed Philly medicines and a bright green Piso's. There are a few more, but this is all of the interesting stuff. Enjoy. Jim

Hf98466.jpg

Attachments

• Hf98466.jpg
    Hf98466.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 57

madman

Reaction score
hi jim nice bottles ! love those inks and meds nice purchase mike

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, Mike. I love my poisons, but I've always been a fan of inks and meds too. I would like to get the other colors of Carter's cones. I have aqua, amber, 2 emerald greens and a cobalt blue. I need olive green, teal, citron and pink that I know of. The pink ones are quite rare, only ever saw one! I have heard of a ruby red one, but I don't know if that was an original color or not. If I find out that it was, that one will be on my wish list for sure! Jim

Bottleman

Reaction score
Very nice buy Jim. I really like the green ink on the bottom right in the first picture. I have dug them in clear, aqua, and amber but never seen one in emerald green before! How does the Kwik Stick glue bottle work? I dug one but I can’t get the cap off or any part of it to even move.

~~Tom

Jim

Reaction score
Hi, Tom. The emerald green cylinder is the first one I've seen in that color as well. Green happens to be my favorite color, so getting two new green inks was a treat! The glue bottle's metal top is clamped fast to the bottle, like there is a ring around the top of the glass, but no screw threads. The tip has a tiny spring-loaded metal ball, so that when you would tip the bottle and depress the ball against the paper, the glue would be dispensed in a thin line. Try soaking yours in a good penetrant like WD-40 or PB Blaster. It will get the metal cleaner, and maybe even free up the metal ball. I use Blaster at work on corroded brass and aluminum, and rusty iron, and it works wonders! Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday