Some wooden bottles I made

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Erik T

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Stardust

Eric these are so cool. How much are you selling these for?  Have you heard of Esty? Also, do you have a facebook page, as you can have Esty on your FB page and people can take orders. You can set up for free as long as you make your own goods and you can also sell some other vintage goods. I'll post the link for you. I have friends who now sell right from their facebook page and it works out very nicely. [;)]  Good Luck ~
star ~

I will be selling the large crown/blob/gingerbeer bottles for between $30-60 depending on the type of wood and how complicated the bottles are. Im selling the rectangular meds for around $40 because they involve so much more work and the round meds i.e. bromos for around $10-$20 bucks. Art deco bottles are around $50 because they require a lot more hand carving. Large Milks=$40-$60 smaller milks=$20-$30. Inkwells=$10-$30 case gins I will be doing soon for around $40-$60. Anything else I can give a price estimate after seeing the bottle and the wood type. Price varies but is almost all under $60.
(its a bit expensive but I want to get my times worth.)

I probably wont be selling much till after christmas when I have made a bunch more. Hopefully I will get a table at the toronto bottle show next year.

No I have never heard of esty but it sounds pretty awesome nor do I have a facebook page for this. thanks for the help! I will probably use that then to sell them.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I would contact one of (if there are more than 1) bottle magazines and they may do an article on you, have your etsy page started by then so they have a place to point their readers. This way your targeting the appropriate people.

Erik T

Reaction score
sounds like a good idea I will try to have it up by late december then after I have most of my doubles done

the ham man

Reaction score
hey have you ever thought of making embossed bottle with the letters going out instead of in. what i mean is making the surface of the bottle like a cm deeper then the lettering. i think that would look awesome. just a thought though. love what your doing. they look fantastic.

LC

Reaction score
Been wondering about the following ever since i saw your work Erik , which is indeed nice . But i have to ask out of curiosity , are you using some kind of a copying engraver to do the incising , or are you doing it by hand ?

Erik T

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: L C

Been wondering about the following ever since i saw your work Erik , which is indeed nice . But i have to ask out of curiosity , are you using some kind of a copying engraver to do the incising , or are you doing it by hand ?
unfortunately i do not have a copying engraver to do the embossing and so i gotta burn it by hand. i have thought of raising the embossing but it would be extremely hard as i would have to carve quite a bit unless I inlay, good idea but very hard.

LC

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Erik , if you are doing this by hand , you have some real talent . As for attempting embossing , it would take hours to perfect such a task . We will see where you go with it at time goes on . I am a wood worker myself , but would not even attempt what you are doing , I could turn round bottles on a lathe , but my perception as for the script would be lousey ! Good luck with your endeavors .

Erik T

Reaction score
Thank you. I am now thinking about raising embossing through inlaying wood on a few bottles.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks