Some wooden bottles I made

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

idigjars

Reaction score
Erik, you are so talented! 15 years old? You are very gifted. I love the wooden bottles you have produced, what great attention to detail.

I really, really, like your fish, he looks fantastic. Did you spray him or brush paint him?

My 13 year old Grandson and I joined a local woodcarving club and one of the members taught a class to make fish decoys. None that I saw turned out as nice as yours.

Congratulations on your work and thank you very much for sharing all these pics with us. Paul

Here is a link to our woodcarving club if anybody is interested. Best regards. Paul

http://counciloakwoodcarvers.com/

Erik T

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Yeah I think they look a bit better than the originals because you can see the embossing more clearly. I will try a ribbed/behive peppersauce if I find one in my travels It looks like it would be quite interesting to turn! I decided to learn how to use an airbrush this spring because I just couldn't get the blending of the colours by brush. Those woodcarving courses are great I actually did a fish decoy course last december and that started off my love of woodworking but I wanted to make fish that looked slightly more realistic. Thanks! I'm hooked on turning hutchinson bottles and soon I hope to do a few quart milks as well as case gins and meds!

Arob

Reaction score
Erik debuts wooden bottles at the Oct 16th Four Season's Bottle Collectors club general meeting

Erik T himself was in the house last night at the Oct 16th Four Season's Bottle Collectors club general meeting! and so the legend begins...

5089475773_1268526a92.jpg

Everyone arrived at the Four Seasons Bottle Collectors club meeting on Oct 16th and saw the curious wooden soda bottle replicas on one of the display tables, and thought ' huh' that's weird... And when we took off our coats and we looked around we saw a nervous young teenager sitting by himself ( with his mother) and we thought huh... that's kinda unusual. But i sure didnt connect the two things until such time as the Show and Tell portion of the event began...

Erik presented himself and his passion / obsession with anything or everything relating to antique glass bottles, which includes carving them out of wood. When he told us that he 'd turned the wood himself, and the first was made from walnut that he'd selected... well..our jaws collectively dropped.

Read about the whole event on Dumpdiggers, Erik T hand-carved wood antique bottle replicas debut at FSBC club meeting in Toronto.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
RE: Erik debuts wooden bottles at the Oct 16th Four Season's Bottle Collectors club general meeting

Erik,..Sure glad you got some recognition and credit for your really well done creations,...I'm glad to see someone of your age taking such an avid interest in bottles, and your passion shows in the great job you do on your wooden replicas!
m6.gif

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
RE: Erik debuts wooden bottles at the Oct 16th Four Season's Bottle Collectors club general meeting

Way to go Erik! As we've noted, those things are awesome. Glad to see you sharing them with other collectors. Were they impressed?

Erik T

Reaction score

Thanks! yeah they were fairly impressed. Maybe at the next meeting I'll have a couple up for sale.

cyberdigger

Reaction score

Rock on Erik! I'm so very glad you aren't wasting your youth on video games..!!

GuntherHess

Reaction score

glad you aren't wasting your youth on video games..!!

yea carving video games would be boring...

cyberdigger

Reaction score

..not quite what I meant, but true enough.. [;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR