Somebody wanted a bear picture...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

towhead

Reaction score
If I have food garbage, I put it in a ziploc bag in the freezer til garbage day. Sure ain't puttin' it in the Garage! [:eek:] ...and I can't stand the smell of stinky food garbage in the kitchen trash receptacle. -Julie

swizzle

Reaction score
When you don't hunt them its only a matter of time before they over populated and get closer to humans and their easy pickin's. There was 17 bears total that were basically terrorizing some other place and their garbage cans and dumpsters. So DEC decided to trap 'em all and drop them off in our town where we can kill 'em. Really don't make any sense to anyone in our town either. I think they should have killed them all and gave the meat to shelters to help feed a few people. I'm just glad that no one got killed by these daring bears. People were afraid to let their kids play outside for quite some time. They didn't kill all of them. My dad's grill killer still stops in for a visit every once in a while. Swiz

Wangan

Reaction score
Heres some bars fer ye.These Black Bear quintuplets were photoed and found the next spring after the previous seasons hunt and photoed again.The cameraman was lucky to get the rare sight of quints and especially the second time.

E56E5B71F40F4FD6B43422135E659F94.jpg

Attachments

• E56E5B71F40F4FD6B43422135E659F94.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 70

ajohn

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wangan
We got a mom with three cubs and a mom with four cubs.
The mom with three cubs sends her cubs to doors like they were trick-o-treating.

Wangan

Reaction score
[:D] Thats cool AJohn! And I would be like,"Here ya go!Here ya go!Take the whole bowlfull!I got nickles and dimes for the others!" [:D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Believe it or not I just read some bear facts at the dentist office today [:D]
They say,that a mother bear protecting her cubs isn't the the # 1 reported bear attacks, Do you know what is?
A Hungary MALE bear.I know some humans who will attack when hungry [8D]

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Bear meat is actually not really that great, usually very greasy. Shooting a deer and dragging it out of the woods is much easier than a bear as deer are more rigid and dragging a bear is like dragging a huge sack full of jelly. Deer meat is much better, I have harvested and eaten dozens of them. Shooting those problem transplant bears shouldn't be a problem as they are used to humans and they are nasty to eat as they are primarily garbage feeders. The best bear meat can get is the ones that actually eat in the wild or occasionally gorge on a field of corn. They are not a prized game animal around here, so their population grows. Two summers ago we had 8 coming around on a regular basis. This year we have one momma and her cute 3 little cubs. They have done some damage, but what bothers me the most is they are coming around after sunrise.

RedGinger

Reaction score
My neighbor had a 350 lb one (approximately), in her yard yesterday. I don't know how she gets all her gardening done, as they call her road "the bear crossing". This one came right up to her sliding glass door.

Rick, you have a point, as the one that charged us did not appear to have cubs. The grass was too high to tell for sure, though.

Our village is a small one, and I don't know who took this video, but it has to be close to my house.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

My neighbor had a 350 lb one (approximately), in her yard yesterday. I don't know how she gets all her gardening done, as they call her road "the bear crossing". This one came right up to her sliding glass door.

Rick, you have a point, as the one that charged us did not appear to have cubs. The grass was too high to tell for sure, though.

Our village is a small one, and I don't know who took this video, but it has to be close to my house.

Hey whats up stranger [:D]
That bear in the flick looks like he would just come in,sit down and watch some TV,eat some popcorn.He looks harmless [8D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973