Somebody wanted a bear picture...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mr.fred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

Bear meat is actually not really that great, usually very greasy. Shooting a deer and dragging it out of the woods is much easier than a bear as deer are more rigid and dragging a bear is like dragging a huge sack full of jelly. Deer meat is much better, I have harvested and eaten dozens of them. Shooting those problem transplant bears shouldn't be a problem as they are used to humans and they are nasty to eat as they are primarily garbage feeders. The best bear meat can get is the ones that actually eat in the wild or occasionally gorge on a field of corn. They are not a prized game animal around here, so their population grows. Two summers ago we had 8 coming around on a regular basis. This year we have one momma and her cute 3 little cubs. They have done some damage, but what bothers me the most is they are coming around after sunrise.
They are prized here on the reservation[8|]-------They part them out for a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[&o]

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Highly illegal to part them out in here in PA Fred, then again your live on an Federally designated indian reservation where NYS law is moot.

Wangan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Believe it or not I just read some bear facts at the dentist office today [:D]
They say,that a mother bear protecting her cubs isn't the the # 1 reported bear attacks, Do you know what is?
A Hungary MALE bear.I know some humans who will attack when hungry [8D]
Mother bears are usually only aggressive when you get too close or get between her and the cubs or startle her,whereas hungry male bears "happen" way more often.The Black Bear will chew you up even if you play dead.They may not be the biggest,but they are touted as being the most unpredictable by nature.

I like the eye glass commercial about the woman who cant see well and lets a raccoon in her house because she thinks its her cat.Could you imagine if it was a bear and she thought it was her black Labrador Retriever?[:D]

Wangan

Reaction score

Bear meat is actually not really that great, usually very greasy.
Its all in the preparation Tom. My father in law was invited at work to have some "wild stuff" which he thought was something other than bear.They asked him if he liked bear meat and he said "No".They told him that was what he was eating and he didnt believe them at first but admitted it was excellent.First, ALL,and I mean ALL the fat has to be taken off or it will ruin the taste.I think they parboiled it to get the rest of the fat from the inside of the meat and pour it off before they finish cooking it.Being a member of the pig family they will eat anything and the wild ones devour carcasses too so any meat from them should be cooked very well.A young one is better eating as goes with most game but especially bears IMO.

Venison,especially Caribou, is one of my top favorites and heaven on a plate.It far out weighs bear meat in texture and taste and is way better than even a white tail deer. Ruffed Grouse sandwiches are probably my second favorite.Man,Im getting hungry!I think I`ll attack the Fridge![:D]

carobran

Reaction score

Highly illegal to part them out in here in PA Fred, then again your live on an Federally designated indian reservation where NYS law is moot.
shoot one here and you get to give the state$ 500,000[:eek:]

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wangan

I like the eye glass commercial about the woman who cant see well and lets a raccoon in her house because she thinks its her cat.Could you imagine if it was a bear and she thought it was her black Labrador Retriever?[:D]

I love that commercial! I just saw it last night. That's so me (if my cats were outdoor).

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I think I seee that commercial every day.In reality,that coon would chomp on her leg! I know I had one the size of a small dog.I raised it from a baby, "Rocky Ra-coon" was his name. That boy got meaennnn!
Probably because my brother would blow pot smoke in his face,that didn't help.Then he ate us out of house and home.

He loved my dog though.

A18892778C4742DD980FF0DD0E63FB8B.jpg

Attachments

• A18892778C4742DD980FF0DD0E63FB8B.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 64

mr.fred

Reaction score

I think I seee that commercial every day.In reality,that coon would chomp on her leg! I know I had one the size of a small dog.I raised it from a baby, "Rocky Ra-coon" was his name. That boy got meaennnn!
Probably because my brother would blow pot smoke in his face,that didn't help.Then he ate us out of house and home.

He loved my dog though.

[8|][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=tongue.gif]

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mr.fred

i like your site RICKJJ59W................i printed out a few pages for some good reading material.............took it to the dentists,and,of coarse,the one time i had something to do they calld me back as soon as we walked in the door[:mad:][:mad:][:'(][:'(]..........................I HATE DENTISTS OFFICES!!!!!![:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:mad:][:eek:][:eek:][:'(][:'(]..........[;)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS