STAY AWAY FROM THIS AUCTION

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Lobey -
Thanks for clarifying for me. I'm at work and not able to pay as much attention to the forum as I would like[8|].

appliedlips

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: earlyglass

Follow-up:

Based upon the name of a question asked to the seller, I contact who I thought "might" be the buyer. He was, and sent a Paypal payment to the seller. Thankfully, he was able to quickly reverse the payment, and save himself from a MAJOR loss.

Buy from who you know. If you are unsure, ask questions or make a call before sending money. There are a lot of scumbags out there!

Mike

Now I am dissapointed.He promised me he was ending the auction to sell it to me.I just couldn't figure out my paypal password but have been meaning to pay him.[:D]Like Lobey said he replied to emails very fast,I wonder how many private transactions he made off with on this one listing.

I think Jeff is right in that the photo had been color enhanced and was the same bottle as the blue one they listed awhile back.I

I think it would be good public relations for ebay if they tarred and feathered idiots like this and posted the video.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I ran into an interesting photo stealing scam on ebay once.
This guy would find items on web sites for sale. He would steal the photos and list the items on ebay with a reserve higher than the website price. (this was before ebay added a charge for reserves). If the item then sold , he would buy it and send it to the winner. An interesting scheme.
I bid on one of the items but then happened to see the item on the original website.

Wilkie

Reaction score
One obvious thing that I didn't see anyone else mention was the low number he has for feedback, although he has 100 percent positive feedback, his number is only 12, I for one would never make a high dollar purchase with someone who hasn't even established himself on eBay yet.

I too agree that eBay should punish this guy to the full extent of the law. This would be a good topic for "Ask Curtis", a consumer advocate on a Sacramento News show here, or any other consumer advocacy show. Those guys like to make things like this public and they would hang eBay out to dry.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I LOVE IT!!! EXCELLENT WORK, FOLKS!!!!! I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!! -Charlie

Wilkie

Reaction score
INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER

Here is a suggestion. File a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx This is a real organization and they work closely with the FBI. Ebay won't do anything about it, go over their head.

Jim

Reaction score
RE: INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER

The ICCC works. I had an eBay scumbag who was pulling the same type of scam try to defraud me out of a LOT of money. I went through the ICCC, and was contacted by an actual Postal Inspection Service agent who was assigned to the case. Just to be safe, I filed suit in my local District Court and obtained a judgment against the fraudster. It took several months, but I recovered all of my money plus $80 in court costs, and the slimeball was arrested and made to reimburse the other buyers that he had ripped off. The best advice I can offer to anyone in such a situation is to never let up. Use every legal resource that you have available. It still can't guarantee that you will get all of your money back, but it worked for me. ~Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR