stoneware help please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deacon_frost

Reaction score
You see the thing is this was found in the same spot that we were finding alot of 1800's era bottles and I thought maybe someone has seen a similar style before... No need to be rude especially if you don't care enough to have a supporter check mark[:D]

KentOhio

Reaction score
A whimsey item made by a worker at a sewer tile factory. I've seen umbrella holders, lamps, toothpick holders, planters, all with the same tree bark design. Seems to be the most common motif of the sewer tile items. The clay and glaze are a little different than usual though.

sunrunner

Reaction score
hi,potters have the flixabilty,to make any from they think of.there were hundeds of independent potterys ,who perduced ever y thing from dran tiles to kichen were,,your pice may have been a personel item.pottery is less documented,in the coutry,ther for few people know about it,esp on this site.it looks tome like a early 19th centry pice.

deacon_frost

Reaction score
Thanks KentOhio and sunrunner, i was kinda wondering if it was a local whimsy or if a mass produced item from elesewhere... was just wondering if anybody had a similar one... thanks again

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles